Keyboard enable on webapp

Hi,
I am new to Xojo and have built a simple app with a few input fields on a webapp. The only issue I am having is the keyboard doesn’t show all the time.
How do i force the keyboard to show?
is it possible to define which keyboard to show alphanumeric / numeric ? some fields are just numbers.
Thanks!
Rob

If you change the TextField type to Number in the inspector it will tell the browser that it’s a number field, the browser can then display it however it chooses. Each browser is different. Safari for iOS will bring up the number entry instead of a normal keyboard.

Under iOS or Android, the keyboard will show automatically as soon as the TextField has the focus, and disappear if there is no focused text control. Which system did you use for your tests ?

I figured out what is going on. We are using a barcode scanner and when it links to the ipad it removes the keypad.
looks like i need to make my own keypad on the screen as i dont see how to disable the scanner for one field.
any ideas??
Thanks,
Rob

[quote=298727:@Robert Berry]I figured out what is going on. We are using a barcode scanner and when it links to the ipad it removes the keypad.
looks like i need to make my own keypad on the screen as i dont see how to disable the scanner for one field.
any ideas??
Thanks,
Rob[/quote]
iOS is seeing your scanner as a HID - it thinks you’ve plugged in an external keyboard and therefore it removes the on-screen keyboard. There is no way to disable the scanner for just one field.

I have some experience with barcode scanners and iOS - what brand and model do you have? Some have a workaround.