Keep indentation and margin in Textarea

Hi,

I’m receiving the remote(Linux) file contents(text information) by using shell command, and displaying its contents on textarea.
When I check the file contents in Linux OR notepad(windows), indentations and margin is neat and clear, however, it is not in the textarea. Characters are not broken but indentation is not kept correctly. It looks like we see in the Wordpad.

Is this a encoding related issue?
Can you help me out how I can keep the text style the same as Linux console or notepad display?

Thanks in advance.

Does the file contain tab characters?

NO. There is no TAB. only ascill charaters and space.

[quote=184876:@changwon lee]Hi,

I’m receiving the remote(Linux) file contents(text information) by using shell command, and displaying its contents on textarea.
When I check the file contents in Linux OR notepad(windows), indentations and margin is neat and clear, however, it is not in the textarea. Characters are not broken but indentation is not kept correctly. It looks like we see in the Wordpad.

Is this a encoding related issue?
Can you help me out how I can keep the text style the same as Linux console or notepad display?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Without seeing the file it is difficult to know what is going on, but I would bet if you switch to a monospaced font such as Courier New, or Lucida Console on Windows, your indentations will come back.

Great Michel B. You’re right.
After changing the Textarea font into Courier New, I can see very neat text information!!

Thanks a lot.