Kaju 2.1 stuck on Processing file

Hello

I tried to use Kaju version 2.1 on an app. As the app is API 2.0, I modified fields to build the project.

Replaced:

  • Application by DesktopApplication
  • Window by DesktopWindow
  • App.YieldToNextTread() by Thread.YieldToNext()

I was using Xojo 2022r2 and was on macOS BigSur

I checked using debugger and app is correctly downloaded in a temporary folder but nothing happens after, Label on self-updater window is saying “Processing file…”

Thank you

I think something else must have changed from the original project. Can you diff your code against the original and see if there is, perhaps, a Timer that is now default Off or a Shell that is supposed to be Asynchronous, or something like that?

Thank you, I will try to look into it but there will be a lot of diff I think with the changes of API version and Xojo version.

I encountered exactly that problem and found that executeAsync is missing an event call. Works for me this way:

Public Sub ExecuteAsync()
  //
  // Uses the new socket to check asynchronously
  // (required for newer certificates)
  //
  // The caller should be prepared to handle an exception in case of error.
  //
  
  If Not PreCheck Then
    RaiseEvent ExecuteAsyncComplete
    Return
  End If
  
  FetchAsync false
End Sub

Hello, sorry for the late answer but tried this and it changed nothing and it’s still stuck to processing file.

I will try to look at differences between the github and the project in API2.0

For those still searching and coming to this thread the solution is to change the shZipper execute mode to Asynchronous per https://tracker.xojo.com/xojoinc/xojo/-/issues/63595

Longer discussion: