JS for footer in header?

I have some JavaScript that I loaded the bottom of certain webpages (HTML webpages not web apps).

The code is from a third-party vendor that does follow U advertising. (Ad Roll)

Is there any reason I can’t just included in the HTML header of my web application?

I can’t figure out how to put in the footer

By footer they mean the last thing in <body>
You place it there so the browser doesn’t wait for their server to render the page.

If you place it in <head> your page will not display any faster than their server responds, and if their server is having trouble that could slow your site down.

Thanks Tim, that is what I suspected.

Best case is to place it at the end of the body.

But in a Xojo web app I think that I can only place in the from App.HTMLheader

Please their way to place it at the bottom of the body?

From what I see, footer seems to go into the body of the document :
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_footer.asp

You can use a page source to insert it after the content.

Also, it’s only a semantic. <footer> would still go inside the <body> :slight_smile:

[quote=257487:@Jay Menna]But in a Xojo web app I think that I can only place in the from App.HTMLheader

Please their way to place it at the bottom of the body?[/quote]
You can place the JavaScript anywhere in the DOM too, the versions of IE that WebApps support probably won’t be upset. You can use a HTMLArea (see the WebSDK folder) - but that relies on their response before continuing rendering. It’s not the end of the world, it’s just preferable.

If you start manipulating the DOM with JavaScript, Xojo staff won’t help you when things go wrong - so I would avoid that route.