Is Xojo Windows 11 compatible?

A stuborn asked me repetitively if Xojo is Windows 11 compatible and I do not found a positive answer.

The blog entry dates from last June (2021).

The Requirements page talks only about Windows 10:
Requirements

This guy wanted to buy a laptop with Windows 10 because Windows 11 is too young. I gave him the market share for W10 and W11, but his answer was “Windows 11 was released in October !”.

I will stop to talk about that with him, but… I searched and found nothing.

For some people, if they can’t read it somewhere, this does not exists !

I even gave him the hello@xojo.com mail address telling: "You have questions ? They have answers”…

I do not even tell you about signing and notarizing an application (he was lol !)…

For Xojo, the Windows 11 version is just a newer variant of Windows 10, so it just works.

This is not a problem for me, I only - eventually - need to have a web page @ Xojo.com where this is explained.

I told him “take our application you actually use (since 2013) and fire it on a Windows 11 computer”…

And what I asked here, I am quite sure many potential users want to read that too !

Xojo applications compiled for Windows on macOS work on Windows 11 correctly as well as remote debugging.

Yes, Xojo is compatible with Windows 11. We will get the System Requirements page updated soon.

1 Like

THANK YOU !

PS: I had no doubt at all, but some people needs dot above i…

This is too much… with as an answer “THANK YOU”, this forum software says:

The forum software does not like sentences in all caps. Please use proper punctuation.

3 Likes

I have been using 2016R3 since then because it offers true transparency. I now develop under Windows 11, and sell in the Microsoft Windows Store which caters to Windows 10 and 11. No issue reported.

1 Like

I’ve had graphics issues reported to me by customers but I brushed them off as Xojo doesn’t support Windows 11 because it wasn’t listed in the documentation.

Be very wary, there are Windows 11 issues, and now that I know Xojo is supporting the platform I will report them.

4 Likes

It’s a common concern when a new operating system comes into the picture, especially one as recent as Windows 11.

You mentioned the official requirements page only mentioning Windows 10, which can be a bit unsettling. However, the good news is that many software applications designed for Windows 10 tend to work just fine on Windows 11. It’s often a matter of software developers catching up with the latest OS changes. As for your friend’s laptop dilemma, Windows 11 is indeed a bit younger, but it’s worth considering its potential for updates and improvements. In the tech world, adaptability is key. So whether it’s Windows 10 or Windows 11, your friend’s software endeavors can still flourish! And speaking of Windows, consider getting a genuine Window 10 key.

2 years old ?

In all cases, you have to have a real Windows 11 machine to test your software, else, you are running into troubles…

NB: you can replace “Windows 11” with one of the other OS names, the sentence will be a good avice in all cases…

https://documentation.xojo.com/resources/system_requirements_for_current_release.html
States:

IDE: Windows 10 (build 1903+) - 11
Apps: Windows Windows 8.1 - 11