Is Xojo less buggy on Mac or Linux?

[quote=44878:@Oliver Scott-Brown]It is very crap how Xojo is so buggy. It crashes all of the time …[/quote]I’m afraid I’m suffering the same thing. I actually paid to upgrade to Xojo but it’s completely unusable so I’m stuck with the last version of RB which doesn’t make me happy. In fact the old RB IDE also regularly crashes but not as often as Xojo. Every fourth or fifth time I click ‘Run’ pfft… it’s crashed, but at least I get a few edits in. With Xojo it’s more like four crashes out of every five 'Run’s.

I was also getting crashes while using a non licensed version, but just purchased and upgraded, I love this language.

Anyway, I found the source of my crashes, I was running my development from a remote HDD attached to a Mac mini, for some reason my USB hub attached to the mini was losing a connection, at first I thought it was to do with the formatting of the drive (ExFat).

After connecting the drive directly to the mini, I haven’t had a crash in a very long time. Something to try if its a remote drive.

In windows the code editor is orrible cut copy paste ecc. work very bad, (i need to repeat the combination ctrl-c two or three time for a result ) in mac is better …

Because you get VB.NET on Windows, I bet they put more work into the Mac version of the IDE.

So it is not my keyboard that is messed up. Oh I was considering buying a new one because of this problem.

Or…It could be that realbasic was originally created for mac as it had no basic language many moons ago, or it could be that programming a mac is less of a headache.

Being I’m on a mac, I’m pretty chuffed with it :slight_smile: