Is Xojo ever going to fix 37286 - Xojo no longer allows plugin control to be first in tab order

Is Xojo ever going to fix this ? This is since 2014, and it looks really bad for customers.

37286 - Xojo no longer allows plugin control to be first in tab order

Issue happens on macOS only. It is really difficult to tell customers that a plugin control will not get first focus even if it is first in the Tab order because Xojo just wont fix the bug.

2 Likes

I just brought this case to Engineering’s attention, our own SearchField control does not suffer from this problem (and that is a plugin control). Keep an eye on the case in Feedback for updates.

2 Likes

My search control does not suffer from it either but there is very good reason for that.

Both your search control and my Search control just register the Apple NSView of the search control and do not use the Xojo Custom control panel.

It is basically view you got inside xojo that is called XojView, that is the fail.

Which will cause almost all plugins that need focus to fail. (Unless their just registering Apple native control like the Search Controls do, and then the bugged view called XojView is no longer used).

4 Likes

BASIC functionality needs to be rock solid.

Pun intended.

2 Likes
Forum for Xojo Programming Language and IDE. Copyright © 2021 Xojo, Inc.