Is ServerWarp working?

Seriously, look elsewhere.

3 Likes

My father once taught me “Do not go cheap on the tools of your trade. You will regret it and you will not longer be able to afford good tools”.

3 Likes

That’s disappointing to hear. I was with Phillip at 1701 for years and don’t recall ever having any customer service issues whatsoever. I only left because I got a new job and set my former employer up with an internal implementation on their server. Currently I only have the desktop version but web2.0 is on my radar as a possibility and so I hope these issues get resolved by then because it was my intention to go back to his service.

2 Likes

I have read many such forum posts unfortunately.

1 Like

Phillip is a great guy, and his platform is superb. Real turn key ready.

Since 2013, I had no significant down time.

But I fear he tried to embrace more than he could hold.

1 Like

Well, this post is more than a year old. And other posts are older, so…

2 Likes

I bailed a while back. Responses to support messages could take weeks or months, and Philip always had some excuse or other, and offered me extensions. Since my apps kept failing, and I was unable to log in, I took my business elsewhere.

4 Likes

Amazon Lightsail looks very good and the work being undertaken by @Tim_Parnell is looking very promising in making it super simple to deploy your web 2 apps.

1 Like

I’ve run a web hosting company since 2002. Our support time in 2020 is an average of 7 minutes. Last year was 6 so we’re slipping…

All joking aside weeks or months for tickets? I’d leave after it wasn’t answered in a day. Terrible.

I’m using Amazon AWS Lightsail now. Way cheaper than ServerWarp, very reliable, and not too difficult to set up (even without @Tim_Parnell).

4 Likes

Phillip I am still keen to try your serverwarp service. Can you please have a look at my account and get it moving? Thanks!

You really are loyal Adam!

He said 9 days ago he’d do it there and then and you’re still waiting???

Wow. Just wow.

1 Like

Another 9 days, after a month of ignorig the case.

It is really sad :frowning:

1 Like

This seems like a good opportunity to tell us the name of your hosting service.

3 Likes

Please move to elsewhere. He is not at all a reliable guy. He keeps on telling some sort of excuses as his relatives are not feeling well or he has a new baby etc. These are all his personal things. We cant tell our customers that Philip is sick so the server is down. I am a victim of his service.

2 Likes

I agree with Sunil Abraham, move elsewhere. Zedalis is a good talker and promiser, however, it seems he is in for a quick-rich plan. I do not believe one word of his excuses.

It is unbelievable that people still put so much trust in Zedalis and his Serverwarp. After nine days there is still not a single reply to a customer in trouble.

Don’t let you fooled by Zedalis excuses, take this very good advice and go to another better service. Maybe Serverwarp can be cheap but in the end, you will pay more for the problems you experience with them.

Serverwarp means bad terrible customer support, mark my words!

Cmon guys, please don’t make this personal, people have issues that they don’t always like to or feel they have to share. The information is out there for people to make informed decisions, we’re all adults, no need to hit a man while he’s down.

7 Likes

+1, probably best to close this thread, I think all is said. I was, long time ago, a customer of Philip and he did an outstanding job at that time to set me up ( and I only had bought his cheapest option ). I left because I wanted and needed full control.

I think in Web 2.0 with a stand-a-lone app it became relatively easy to set up your own server. Of course, it needs some work and reading the forum and docs if you have no knowledge of Linux servers.

I recommend @Tim_Parnell 's script for those who have no idea about securing a publicly available server. Running a web app and a database is one thing, but running it securely another.

That’s where Xojo Cloud comes into the came for those who don’t want to care yourself, and that was always the charm with 1701 or serverwrap: servers build securely but specifically for Xojo Web but at a cheaper price than Xojo Cloud.

2 Likes