IOS Sonoma issues R3 MacBook Air

If I make a new IOS project and simply run it I get a launch screen error below.

When I load my current project which was running fine I get an App Icon error but it highlights my plist in the project. I have to delete the App Icon before the project will run and if I attempt to insert a new AppIcon from the menu the project won’t run. I did notice that in the new project “App Icon” appears with a space but if I try and insert a new “Appicon” in my project it appears without a space??

Have you run Xcode once, accepted the Eula and allowed it to install its tools?

I had to install the 16.4 simulators Xcode 15.01 as R3 does Run IOS17

In my project that was working, if I add one png to the Appicon it runs but if I add a second or more png it gives this error

Right click on the error and copy it. We need to see more of the error.

That said, I believe you need to either add Obine of them or all of them.

The one that’s added when the project is first created is special IIRC such that it is automatically used as the app’s icon. Any others that you add will be added to the bundle but not used for the icon on the device.

1 Like

AppIcon.Name

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> com.apple.actool.compilation-results output-files /var/folders/dq/ph63n9v56yl9hyd4fwdq65j40000gp/T/com.xojo.xojo-temp-3/AppIcon20x20@3x.png /var/folders/dq/ph63n9v56yl9hyd4fwdq65j40000gp/T/com.xojo.xojo-temp-3/partial.plist com.apple.actool.errors description Failed to launch AssetCatalogSimulatorAgent via CoreSimulator spawn failure-reason Failed to spawn AssetCatalogSimulatorAgent on IBSimDeviceTypeiPad3x (60175F22-85A5-462E-92AA-447DACD391CF, (null), Shutdown) underlying-errors description Invalid device: The specified device is not available for spawning processes.

AppIcon

I would make sure the image that you are putting into each slot has the right dimensions.

The other thing to try is going to the simulator and doing an Erase and Reset on the simulator you are trying to use. Maybe something’s screwed up there.

I tried different devices and they are all new as I had to download 16.4. I used the IOS Icon maker that came with Xojo?? Is there a reason the App Icon changed to Appicon?

I also noticed that Xojo made some changes to the App Icon to fix a problem the App Store icon could be anything to do with that?

You’ll have to be more specific

From the release notes

• iOS: iOS App Icon no longer shows Android icons. Loading App Store icon from a saved project, now properly loads it back into the App Store entry instead of creating a new entry for it. (73921)

From the release notes… any connection

• iOS: iOS App Icon no longer shows Android icons. Loading App Store icon from a saved project, now properly loads it back into the App Store entry instead of creating a new entry for it. (73921)

I believe I’m having the same issue. My error is as shown below.
I’m not positive from this thread if you resolved it or no.

Any solutions? This just started suddenly today. I didn’t touch the icons nor run any updates. It’s very odd.

That should only apply to the 1024x1024 icon at the bottom of the list, but it may mean that you have to have one in there.

I filled in all the icons even the Android, still the same problem. Chris seems to have the same issue.

The only other thing that I may have done was open the project in R3 then mistakenly R2 and then back to R3.

I do have the icon in there.
I tried saving the project out to a new file but it didn’t change anything.

Hi Chris (and Greg),

Back on my home computer after travelling and working on the airbook. I duplicated the non working project and loaded it into 2023R2 on my iMac and it showed no errors. I upgraded to 2023R3 and ran the same project and again the icon problem didn’t show so I am stumped as to the problem. The Airlock still shows the problem.

In my case it ended up being related to iOS 17 platform not being downloaded in Xcode. I should add that it was downloaded and mysteriously vanished.
You might want to double check Xcode.

I think the same happened for me except I deleted 17 and loaded 16.4. On the iMac at home I kept both IOS’s. The other difference for me was the iMac was Ventura and the AirBook was Sonoma so not sure if that is of consequence. Either way I am glad it resolved for both of us :slight_smile: