iOS Declare Help!

Doesn’t look like any entitlement-specific entries are being added to the info.plist…

[code]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

CFBundleExecutable test.debug CFBundleName test.debug CFBundleIdentifier com.private.iCloudTest CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion 6.0 CFBundleVersion 16.0.21 CFBundleDevelopmentRegion en CFBundlePackageType APPL CFBundleSignature ???? CFBundleShortVersionString 16.0.21 LSRequiresIPhoneOS CFBundleSupportedPlatforms iPhoneOS UIDeviceFamily 1 2 UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities armv7 DTPlatformBuild 12B411 DTPlatformName iphoneos DTPlatformVersion 8.1 DTSDKBuild 12B411 DTSDKName iphoneos8.1 DTXcode 0610 DTXcodeBuild 6A1052d MinimumOSVersion 7.0 CFBundleIcons CFBundlePrimaryIcon CFBundleIconFiles AppIcon29x29 AppIcon40x40 AppIcon60x60 CFBundleIcons~ipad CFBundlePrimaryIcon CFBundleIconFiles AppIcon29x29 AppIcon40x40 AppIcon76x76 UILaunchImages UILaunchImageMinimumOSVersion8.0UILaunchImageNameLaunchImage-800-Portrait-736hUILaunchImageOrientationPortraitUILaunchImageSize{414, 736} UILaunchImageMinimumOSVersion8.0UILaunchImageNameLaunchImage-800-Landscape-736hUILaunchImageOrientationLandscapeUILaunchImageSize{414, 736} UILaunchImageMinimumOSVersion8.0UILaunchImageNameLaunchImage-800-667hUILaunchImageOrientationPortraitUILaunchImageSize{375, 667} UILaunchImageMinimumOSVersion7.0UILaunchImageNameLaunchImage-700UILaunchImageOrientationPortraitUILaunchImageSize{320, 480} UILaunchImageMinimumOSVersion7.0UILaunchImageNameLaunchImage-700-568hUILaunchImageOrientationPortraitUILaunchImageSize{320, 568} UILaunchImageMinimumOSVersion7.0UILaunchImageNameLaunchImage-700-PortraitUILaunchImageOrientationPortraitUILaunchImageSize{768, 1024} UILaunchImageMinimumOSVersion7.0UILaunchImageNameLaunchImage-700-LandscapeUILaunchImageOrientationLandscapeUILaunchImageSize{768, 1024} UISupportedInterfaceOrientations UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeLeft UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight UIInterfaceOrientationPortraitUpsideDown UISupportedInterfaceOrientations~ipad UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait UIInterfaceOrientationPortraitUpsideDown UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeLeft UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight [/code]

What do you get when you view the entitlements as per Jason’s post (in both the app and mobileprovision) ?

Some dont

I’m trying to figure out what is going wrong now, but it seems that when I remove my generic signing profile (identifier is just a *) then Xojo is no longer able to build even though I have one with the same explicit app ID. I’ll have to continue looking…

Just created a CloudKit app with xCode and Xojo (minimal)
xCode app run on simulator as designed
Xojo app don’t have a mobileprovisionfile and can’t run on simulator (The application is missing required entitlement com.apple.developer.icloud-services)

Build Xojo app has a mobile profile but it’s not the right one! (in the mobile provision file list there is the right one with the entitlements)

If Xojo isn’t grabbing the proper mobileprovision, then we might be on to something to address for this (and might lead to a potential workaround).

Is it grabbing a general mobileprovision file (* is present for the profile, or it is just *) when it should be getting an explicit one (no *)?

See <https://xojo.com/issue/41579> for an explanation, I just submitted it.

Thanks Jason.

Do you have any ideas on this? Or will I have to wait for r3.2/r4 betas?

It looks like a bug we’ll need to fix in a future release.

Ok thanks.

Not sure if this makes a difference, but I am seeing some iCloud stuff in my build…

codesign -d --entitlements :- “TEST.app”:

<plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>application-identifier</key> <string>PRIVATE.com.private.iCloudTest</string> <key>com.apple.developer.icloud-container-identifiers</key> <array> <string>iCloud.com.private.iCloudTest</string> </array> <key>com.apple.developer.icloud-services</key> <array> <string>CloudDocuments</string> <string>CloudKit</string> </array> <key>com.apple.developer.team-identifier</key> <string>PRIVATE</string> <key>com.apple.developer.ubiquity-container-identifiers</key> <array> <string>iCloud.com.private.iCloudTest</string> </array> <key>com.apple.developer.ubiquity-kvstore-identifier</key> <array> <string>iCloud.com.private.iCloudTest</string> </array> <key>get-task-allow</key> <true/> <key>keychain-access-groups</key> <array> <string>PRIVATE.com.private.iCloudTest</string> </array> </dict> </plist>

security cos -D -i “TEST.app/embedded.mobileprovision”:

[code]
AppIDName
iCloud test
ApplicationIdentifierPrefix

PRIVATE

CreationDate
2015-11-11T23:25:00Z
Platform

iOS

DeveloperCertificates

PRIVATE

Entitlements

keychain-access-groups

PRIVATE.

get-task-allow

application-identifier
PRIVATE.com.PRIVATE.iCloudTest
com.apple.developer.ubiquity-kvstore-identifier
PRIVATE.

<key>com.apple.developer.icloud-services</key>
            <string>*</string>
            <key>com.apple.developer.icloud-container-environment</key>
            <array>
                    <string>Development</string>
                    <string>Production</string>
            </array>
            <key>com.apple.developer.icloud-container-identifiers</key>
            <array>
                    <string>iCloud.com.PRIVATE.iCloudTest</string>
            </array>
            <key>com.apple.developer.icloud-container-development-container-identifiers</key>
            <array>
            </array>
            <key>com.apple.developer.ubiquity-container-identifiers</key>
            <array>
            </array>
            <key>com.apple.developer.team-identifier</key>
            <string>PRIVATE</string>
            <key>aps-environment</key>
            <string>development</string>

</dict>
    <key>ExpirationDate</key>
    <date>2016-11-10T23:25:00Z</date>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>iOS Team Provisioning Profile: com.PRIVATE.iCloudTest</string>
    <key>ProvisionedDevices</key>
    <array>
            <string>PRIVATE/string>
    </array>
    <key>TeamIdentifier</key>
    <array>
            <string>PRIVATE</string>
    </array>
    <key>TeamName</key>
    <string>PRIVATE</string>
    <key>TimeToLive</key>
    <integer>365</integer>
    <key>UUID</key>
    <string>PRIVATE</string>
    <key>Version</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
[/code]

OK, so it seems you are getting the proper mobileprovision selected in the configuration you have.

But that test.app gets the same exception?

Also, do you get the exception when running your test.app on the simulator- and on a device itself?

Ok so investigating further it looks like the embedded.mobileprovision file does not get included in the debug simulator build…

Is that normal?

If not, that explains the crashing on the simulator – at least on my end…

Unfortunately I don’t have an iOS device near by to test it, but I will have one in about 2 hours…

Yeah at this point I’m hopeful we can get you to a point where you can build for a device, and be OK. You could then wrap iCloud calls in a conditional for now…

That would be awesome, I appreciate all your help (and everyone else’s help also). I will let you know what happens ASAP when I get my hands on a test device in the next hour or two.

I’m actually very surprised that is was never noticed before that Xojo fails to build iOS when not using a generic (*) profile. It seems like something that would have been noticed along the way. Hopefully you guys can find a fix and get it out soon.

Well, it isn’t always the case, as you can see in George’s scenario above- he’s now built with the proper, app specific profile. I haven’t narrowed it down to the exact scenarios under which it occurs, but I could replicate it in at least one.

I can confirm that the generic (*) profile is used at least for this CloudKit test
In another test the right profile is used

But we need the Entitlements also in the simulator not only in the build app