Installation seems dirty on W10

I have installed Xojo 2016r4.1 on my W10 Notebook. If I start XOJO, there is something wrong:
First I get a empty window (I think there must be the Xojo-Logo?), the I get the project chooser with no options to start the new project:

I think there is something wrong with the installation. But what is it?

I’ve had similar issue with my Apps on W10. Are you running your Apps in Tablet or Desktop mode? You should run Xojo in Desktop mode. It’s just the behavior of the window, nothing with the installation itself.

Hello Thomas,
I never run my notebook in tablet - mode. I think there is another problem.
But thank you for your post :slight_smile:

[quote=312624:@Frank Hoffmann]Hello Thomas,
I never run my notebook in tablet - mode. I think there is another problem.
But thank you for your post :-)[/quote]

I run Xojo on Windows 10 Enterpise with no issues. It looks and acts like it should. I have 2016R3 and 2016R4.1 and if there is any test releases (those too). I switch back and forth between R3 and R4.1 with out any problems.

We’ve seen this too on one machine. There is another thread about it but no resolution as of yet.

As said before I am not sure if this is an installation issue. To me it’s something how Win10 deals with certain windows. It’s reproduceable on my Win10 Evalboard with the remote debugger aswell.

Short Video of Debugger in Fullscreen on Win10 (video file, 80 MB)

I’ve had this in one of my App but unfortunately I can’t say, what I’ve done to eleminate this. I think this occurs if there’s no Max- and FullScreen Buttons activated. I used a Xojo sample (Examples/Desktop/Windows/InputWindow).

[quote=312615:@Frank Hoffmann]I have installed Xojo 2016r4.1 on my W10 Notebook. If I start XOJO, there is something wrong:
First I get a empty window (I think there must be the Xojo-Logo?), the I get the project chooser with no options to start the new project:

I think there is something wrong with the installation. But what is it?[/quote]
Try downloading the installer from our website again and use it to repair the install.

I have downloaded and tested it with every new announcement / release in 2017 and now in jan 2018. But the problem is allways the same :frowning:

Is there no solution for that?

Its something specific to your machine or configuration, otherwise we’d be getting widespread reports.

Have you tried installing as an administrator? Whitelisting Xojo in your antivirus?

Could you give us more specs of your machine? How much RAM, what kind of processor?

Yes installing as admin is the same problem. Deactivate Virus-Software: same.

Betriebsystemname Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Weitere Betriebsystembeschreibung Nicht verfügbar
Betriebsystemhersteller Microsoft Corporation
Systemname EISENHERZ
Systemhersteller LENOVO
Systemmodell 11433NG
Systemtyp x64-basierter PC
System-SKU Nicht unterstützt
Prozessor Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 MHz, 2 Kern(e), 4 logische® Prozessor(en)
BIOS-Version/-Datum LENOVO 8HET30WW(1.12), 19.05.2011
SMBIOS-Version 2.6
BIOS-Modus Vorgängerversion
Hauptplatinenhersteller LENOVO
Hauptplatinenmodell Nicht verfügbar
Hauptplatinenname Hauptplatine
Plattformrolle Mobil
Sicherer Startzustand Nicht unterstützt
PCR7-Konfiguration Bindung nicht möglich
Windows-Verzeichnis C:\WINDOWS
Systemverzeichnis C:\WINDOWS\system32
Startgerät \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Gebietsschema Deutschland
Hardwareabstraktionsebene Version = “10.0.16299.192”
Zeitzone Mitteleuropäische Zeit
Installierter physischer Speicher (RAM) 8,00 GB
Gesamter physischer Speicher 7,91 GB
Verfügbarer physischer Speicher 4,00 GB
Gesamter virtueller Speicher 15,9 GB
Verfügbarer virtueller Speicher 10,3 GB
Größe der Auslagerungsdatei 8,00 GB
Auslagerungsdatei C:\pagefile.sys
Unterstützung der Geräteverschlüsselung Ursachen dafür, dass die automatische Geräteverschlüsselung nicht erfolgreich war: Das TPM ist nicht verwendbar., Die PCR7-Bindung wird nicht unterstützt., Fehler bei der Schnittstelle für Hardwaresicherheitstests. Das Gerät unterstützt kein InstantGo., Unzulässige DMA-fähige Busse/Geräte erkannt, Das TPM ist nicht verwendbar.
Hyper-V - VM-Monitormoduserweiterungen Ja
Hyper-V - SLAT-Erweiterungen (Second Level Address Translation) Ja
Hyper-V - Virtualisierung in Firmware aktiviert Nein
Hyper-V - Datenausführungsverhinderung Ja

Well that’s just freaky. A Core i5 with 8GB should certainly be enough to run Xojo without an issue.

Interesting none of the RB_Pane’s are rendering, both that left nav nor the labels.

Frank, when this happens, could you drag the window off the side of the screen and back on and see if that forces a refresh of the missing parts?

Can you then grab the bottom of the window and resize it up as far as it will go (reduce its height), this should display a scrollbar inside another RB_Pane as you do this, could you let us know if that shows up?

I assume your machine is fully patched.

Could you run a dxdiag and post the output to pastebin (or here) and put the link in here, just make sure you set the Paste Exposure to Unlisted if you don’t have an account there. Just xxxxx out your machine name and machine ID if you want to.

It might also be worth installing an edition prior to 2016r4 to see if this is a direct2d issue, see here for links https://www.xojo.com/download/archives.php Maybe install 2016r3 and see if that works then we’ll know if its a direct2d issue or not.

Did you clear the Cache folder (it can be empty) ?

Did you trash the Xojo folder ?
(the folder were the language reference db file resides)

Were you able to install the license # ?

What happens when you boot on non fail mode ?

What happens when you alt-double click in the Xojo icon ?

Looks like 32 bit Windows. Looks like the original OS was Win7 HP 64. Will it let you update the graphics drivers? Or maybe override with drivers from the graphics manufacturer. From what I can see that machine can use either Intel or Radeon. Not sure how that works, but can you try with the other one maybe? Or with an external monitor 1. on VGA or 2. on HDMI.

Switches between discrete and integrated graphics, Intel HD Graphics 3000 in processor, and AMD Radeon HD 6630M graphics
http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/withdrawnbook/lewbook_WE.pdf

Something to check:

https://support.lenovo.com/za/en/solutions/ht078706

Try running this with compatability mode for Windows 7 and see if xojo runs normal.