Inspector Behavior

I am creating a custom control, and need/want to do two major things using the Inspector Behaviour Dialog in the IDE

1. I want to HIDE specific properties (these will either not be applicable to the control, or will require specific values outside the users control at design time)
  2. I want to ADD new properties, at a specific place in the existing list

For #1, I UNCHECKED

• SUPER
  • AcceptFocus
  • AcceptTabs
  • EraseBackground
  • InitialParent
  • TabPanelIndex
  • AutoDeactivate
  • UseFocusRing
  • Transparent
  • Backdrop

yet when I add a new instance of this control, all of those items are STILL visible in the Inspector

For #2 I added 5 new properties… 3 of them I dragged into the Behavior group… and these stayed put
the other two I created a new heading, that I want ABOVE the Behavior group, but no matter what it keeps moving to the END of the list

So, how can I truly hide unwanted properites, and get the order of the headings to be what I want it to be?

Have you closed/reloaded the project after changing inspector behavior?
Sometimes Xojo needs a kick to refresh the inspector for a control.

[quote=255576:@Tim Parnell]Have you closed/reloaded the project after changing inspector behavior?
Sometimes Xojo needs a kick to refresh the inspector for a control.[/quote]

that “seemed” to fix it for any controls that I had placed on the window PRIOR to saving (ie. the inspector was correct when I reloaded the project), BUT not for new instances of the same control… New instances don’t show correctly until the project has been saved and reloaded again.

And it did not solve #2 at all

In the inspector or in the behaviour dialog ?

both

In Behaviour Dialog, I can drag the new heading where I want, move the property values etc… but when I close the Behvaviour and reopen it, the new stuff has moved to the end… i.e it “undragged” itself

You dont get a choice about either in reality
Built in groups sort before user groups - period