Importing C++ in Xojo for mac without a dylib file

I don’t normally work too much with C++, so I’m a little out of my comfort zone here.

We need to interface with a frame grabber board that provides an API. However, the API is in C++. I’ve done this before with a different frame grabber on Windows, where the manufacturer provided a DLL file for me to import into Xojo. However, all we have from the manufacturer of this board is the source code.

They tell me everything I need is in the “EGrabber.h” file - just import that and I will have access to everything. I mean, in a C++ environment.

What would I need to do to get this into Xojo? Is it possible to compile that as a dylib I can import? Again - this is new territory for me, so go easy!

A DLL is windows only file. (Either 32 bit or 64 bit) a DLL is what dylib is for you on the Mac side.

So if your wanting to do something on Mac, then that DLL file will do nothing for you.

I understand the difference and that a DLL won’t open on mac. In the initial post above, it wasn’t clear to me how to access the API they provided as on a previous Windows-based project (using a frame grabber from a different manufacturer), I was given a DLL to work with and that worked (in Windows).

The board manufacturer has since gave me the source code to a windows DLL that accesses their API (which exists on the mac). I’ve had this ported to mac, and have some additional questions, here.

Forum for Xojo Programming Language and IDE. Copyright © 2021 Xojo, Inc.