imageview is not defined error

I’m running a standalone Xojo web app on Red Hat 7. As part of the normal IT process, we did a “yum update” today. Now the app gives an unrecoverable JavaScript error whenever anyone hits the home page.

The error message is:

Could not execute returned javascript: imageview is not defined Source: var langdir = document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]; if(langdir) { langdir.removeAttribute('dir'); } var langdir = document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]; if(langdir) { langdir.setAttribute('lang','en'); } new imageview('B827C9Sf',[]);
Anybody have any ideas? I would really hate to go back and try to revert the OS patches.

Thanks!

Update: I’ve spun up another Red Hat instance just like the first, but have NOT used yum to update to the latest version of all components. My app works fine on this server.

It would be interesting to know which component update broke the app.

Try re-uploading your web app to the server.

yum update can’t itself cause Javascript errors because Javascript is on the browser side. My guess is that one of the Xojo core framework files got disconnected somehow (moved, removed, renamed, etc.)

@Tim Parnell : Thanks! That did the trick. I don’t think I would have thought of that.