Ignore users - not working for admins?

I tried to add one of the administrators here in my Ignore list but that doesn’t work.
Why is this not possible? Non-admin is possible though.

You can not ignore forum admins.

This just was a test, was it? :wink:

No it wasn’t. :slight_smile:

As the forum admins moderate the forum, it’s difficult to ignore them because if they delete one of your post you won’t be able to read why the removed it.
Or if you and me began a fight, we wouldn’t be able to read them if they ask us to stop if we block them.

Perhaps the better course of action would be to email hello@xojo.com and lodge a complaint if there’s an issue sufficient enough to warrant ignoring them. Ignoring an admin or moderator is just a bad idea.

I don’t know why he wants to (anybody can get under anybody else’s skin over things most would not see as an issue), but is there a setting to ignore an admin or moderators board POSTS (except maybe in the Announcements category) but NOT ignore PMs from from them?

That way the person could be contacted in an official capacity via PM if needed but not see the regular board posts unless it was a general announcement?

IIRC I think I have seen such options in other forum software over the years.

-karen

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of, but I’ll ask/look.

From what I can see, there is no way to ignore admins and moderators in any capacity without significant changes to the forum software. I still suggest that, if there is a major problem, they should contact Xojo.