Identifying the latest version of DBKit

Is there a way of knowing if I am using the latest version of DBKit?

I have downloaded some stuff, used some stuff from the Examples, used DBKit from various of the places, and am running into weirdness.

As an example, in one version of DBKit (no idea if it is earlier or later than others) The Connector.LoadSelectedRow method has no parameters:

DBKIt.Connector.LoadSelectedRow

In another version:

DBKit.Connector.LoadSelectedRow(DisableRowChangeCheck As Boolean = False)

This particular method call is giving me fits. There are other differences, but they haven’t caused me a headache yet.

Any advice, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Tom

ps. This is particularly important if I make changes to DBKit itself and want Geoff to know about them.

Hi Tom,

there is a version constant in the DBKit-Module. And the newest version should always be the version, when you create a new project based on the DBKit-Example, since the examples downloads from the web.

best, Thomas

Thomas,

Thanks tons. I did not think to look at the Constants.

So I now have a different problem.

Both of the versions I have of DBKit are 1.0b6, but at least the DBKit.Connector.LoadSelectedRow methods are different

Looking at the ‘version’ constant we see this:

Looking at the LoadSelectedRow method we see this:

The DBKit Tutorial project comment implies an addition/change to DBKit at some point, but when?

Which version is the most recent?

I am trying to make the DBKit.ImageViewer be able to load an image using a TEXT column with a file path versus, a BLOB column with the image, from the database. I need to solve this problem before I move on with my possible mods.

Thanks again for your help.

Tom

You get the latest version, if you choose to load the DBKit-Example again. Then i would throw the versions you have in some version control to see what’s different and where. May you can ask Geoff what’s different, too.

best, Thomas

Thomas,

Thanks!

Tom