Ideas wanted for surprise MBS feature for Xojo.Connect

I know, I think you even built these after I asked for such a functionality (thanks!), but I am still having trouble seeing how to use them with sending email. Anyway, I don’t want to hijack the thread…

Depending on your needs phantomjs can be better. It is a bit trickier to get working (has more options).

Sync data (XML, JSON or database) between applications (macOS to macOS, macOS to iOS, iOS to macOS, iOS to iOS) without any cloud space. Take a look at “TAP FORMS 5”

I asked for a properly working (under Windows) SerialDevice, but according to Christian, “serial has been dying for 10+ years” and is not worth working on. In my world, USB-to-serial converters are everywhere, and the flakiness of the Xojo device under Windows (varies from machine to machine) is a big issue. Judging from the number of posts here over the years from people having trouble with serial under Windows, I’m not alone - anyone else?

phantomjs is no longer actively updated as far as I can tell

I have four active projects that use serial devices. I’ve been lucky, so far, that I’ve not had too many issues with serial.

I agree with that. you should move your devices to wifi or bluetooth. and as xojo is pretty poor with bluetooth methods, going to tcpsockets and wifi devices is the way to go.

1. A Map Control for all platforms using openstreetmap API (and not Google or Apple Maps either)
  2. A class or Plugin for rapid Matrix Calculations (for ML)

A computer vision plugin, cross platform (win, mac and linux)

We gave up on XOJO serial communications years ago and connected everything to serial-over-ethernet devices. everything becomes IP and just works perfectly. i do recall that there was a specific chipset of serial-usb that worked well and all the others were rubbish. I seem to recall FTDI was the good one, but i may be wrong.

FTDI is the good one but there were so many clones that FDTI changed their driver to block all the clones. “worked” on mac or windows as well… so using a cp2102 or chg340 you will also have less problems !. and indeed using IP or wifi is a better solution for the future and involves very little change and price in the device as the esp8266 are very cheap today.

anyone try the chrome headless for html to pdf??

talking about html -> pdf conversion, I rather use libreoffice headless from the commandline than anything from google (chrome) runs perfectly smooth when used in batch operations or on webserver for webapps

Well, we did use LibreOffice in command line before to convert Word or Excel to PDF:

do you need to install the whole of libreoffice?? is it cross platform?? i have no idea libreoffice offer headless too

You need to install LibreOffice, it should work cross platform, but you should try / test.

Does an HTML to Word converter exist? Or a PDF to Word converter?

Did you check all the LibreOffice command line tool parameters?
Maybe it has an export to HTML, too?

should work with libreoffice and —headless and —convert-to: though I‘ve not tested this specific case. PDF to Word strongly depends on the PDF you have. of course libreoffice has no OCR to make a text out of a bitmap.

But back to topic…

Access to Airplay 2 in Mac apps. In fairness, this would be a big job but media applications could really use it these days.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/avfoundation/airplay_2/getting_airplay_2_into_your_app?language=objc