IDE Code Editor Cursor

Is there any way to change the cursor width in the code editor?
On a 4K monitor, its almost impossible to see, and I never know in what line the cursor actually is.

Xojo (zoomed)

Other

On MacOS, you can change the cursors size with the COntrol Panels. Check if you are in a different OS.

Doh: on HiDPI / Retina, etc. (macoS, other OS ?), you can change the monitor displayed width/height.

There is no setting in the IDE to alter the insertion point size.

On Windows there might be a setting in the control panel that alters the system wide caret size. I dont know of one off the top of my head though.

On macOS and Linux its manually drawn by the IDE’s code editor so system level settings wont matter

EDIT : On Windows 10
Open Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Ease of Access Center > Make the Computer Easier to see
and part way down there is a setting for “Set the thickness of the blinking cursor”

The IDE appears to ignore this setting though

Xojo 2015r1: I was able to enlarge the Mouse Cursor (Arrow, Insertion) @ the macOS level and it keeps its size in the Xojo IDE / Code Editor.

The drawback is… I clicked often outside of where I wanted, so I go back to the default value (far less visible in my Retina monitor @ 3360 x 2100)

My issues here is, that I cant see the cursor most of the time. It would be a great help when the line where the cursor is somehow has a different color, like in the 2nd. picture above.

You can change the cursor color in Options > Coding (Preferences > Coding on macOS)
Scroll down and there should be Code Editor Cursor Color

[quote=442854:@Norman Palardy]You can change the cursor color in Options > Coding (Preferences > Coding on macOS)
Scroll down and there should be Code Editor Cursor Color[/quote]
In the Xojo Preferences?

Sorry yes - Xojo preferences

Xojo Preferences > Coding > Syntax colors: Code Editor Cursor Color
but I don’t know if changing black to other color (for that thin line) will make a difference.

cuz I am not seeing it

ah… not

Preferences > Coding

but
Preferences > Coding - Syntax Colors :slight_smile:

yeah once on the right general pane I expect folks can poke around for themselves and find it

for those unable to sort that bit out

Its already black, but a 1 line wide cursor is just almost impossible on a 4k monitor.
Beside a wider cursor, there should be also a highlighting of the active line, that at least would help to find the cursor without magnifier glass :slight_smile:

On macOS, you can move fast the mouse and the Mouse Cursor is enlarged TEMPORARY, so you may see where it is.

Linux or WIndows: I do not know.

Another problem is, the cursor in Xojo (Windows) blinks only 5 times and then stop blinking and is steady, so you cant see it anymore. And when I scroll down with the cursor keys, I completely lost track where the cursor is.
To make it clear, I am NOT talking about the Mouse Cursor, but the input cursor.

From the keyboard, you can select some text…

[quote=442906:@Guenter Kraemer]Its already black, but a 1 line wide cursor is just almost impossible on a 4k monitor.
Beside a wider cursor, there should be also a highlighting of the active line, that at least would help to find the cursor without magnifier glass :)[/quote]
What is your screen scale factor set to?

I already set it to 150%, but its still impossible to find the cursor :slight_smile:
A highlighting of the active line is in my opinion the only solution.