IDE clear (X) button missing 2021R2 (windows?)

It means “file a feature request in our Feedback application”

That is not a feature request. It was something existed on an old version and missing from the new. Now its up to you to bring it back or not. At the same time i will also consider to continue with xojo or not.

Thanks to @AlbertoD there already is one: <https://xojo.com/issue/65606>

I fully understand… it’s weird that Xojo Developers need to add a “feature request” for such a case… especially if Xojo Engineers already have responded and noticed the situation.

From the outside it seems like they aren’t allowed to do that (maybe: because it creates more work; maybe they want “everything” to be user-based-driven, …). Which gives us the impression they don’t care too much. Probably I’m wrong with that - but then again, it’s just the impression we get from the outside.
If this were our customers forum and I were a software developer, I’d immediately add such a “oops, we screwed up on that one and should do better here” to our feedback/ticketing system.

Just because of a new Control that isn’t quite ready for some of their platform targets?
No… for me that’s once more a situation like: “Xojo has released something new. Cool - but I won’t use this very feature until a couple of releases when it might be ready for production.” Sad, but it is what it is… I got used to that.