htmlviewer displays differently than the browser

I have noticed that my web pages display differently in the htmlviewer than they do with Internet Explorer.
I’m using Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 10 installed.

For example, a div with a min-height style will display correctly in the IE10 browser, but the min-height will not be rendered on the same machine inside the htmlviewer control. I have not set the webkit property so it should be using the IE10 engine, right?

What could cause the difference?


It’ll be whatever version of IE came with your OS by default.

And it may be using IE in compatibility mode which makes IE behave like an older version (like IE 7 or maybe 8)

Check this link:

And do not ask me, why Microsoft uses outdated old rendering engines (IE7!!) when IE10 is installed for ActiveX embedded versions.
It may be the same reason why I switched to Mac couple of years ago :slight_smile:

I need to quickly switch between IE versions to test my web apps, so I brew a small app to change that with a simple PopupMenu.

I just tried the registers in the link above under Windows 10. It appears that no longer is the key YourApplication.exe, but now there are two keys with the same value :

reg.Value("devenv.exe") = 9999 reg.Value("Microsoft.VsHub.Server.HttpHost.exe") =9999

Note that as default, IE11 is set to render as IE 9.

Also, I noticed that Web apps do not recognize HTMLViewer unless the UserAgent property is set.

This does the trick

me.UserAgent = "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko"