HTMLViewer crashes app when logging in to websites

Whenever I use HTMLViewer to log in to a website such as Facebook.com (and others), the app pauses with no debugging information on the crash, and if I resume, it crashes with a TypeMismatchException. On a MAC, it works perfectly fine. How can I prevent this crash?

I tried finding a crash dump but even when I compile the app and crash it by logging in to Facebook, nothing shows up in my system event viewer or reliability monitor.

Xojo: 2014 Release 2

I’ve also discovered that when the app pauses (goes into debug mode on its own), the Stack is “Main Thread”, and underneath that it says “Event Loop”. Hope that helps!

More info:

I put a meaningless dimension declaration in the App’s UnhandledException event handler and set a breakpoint there. After I resume from the event loop pause, it breaks at my breakpoint, and I clearly see the “TypeMismatchException”. However, under that it gives me an Error Code of 0 and a blank error message.

Alright, the crash only happens when I manually set the UserAgent of the HTMLViewer. I am trying to take the HTMLViewer out of IE Compatibility Mode. I’ve tried the following UserAgents, and they all crash the app when I try to log in to a website:

“Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; de-de) AppleWebKit/417.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) test”

“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0”

“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko”

“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.95 Safari/537.36”

“Mozilla/10.0 (Windows NT 6.4; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.143 Safari/537.36 Edge/12.0”

I only uncommented one at a time. When I comment them all out, there is no crash when logging in, but I’m still in IE Compatibility Mode (changing the User Agent didn’t take it out of compatibility mode anyway)

So is IE required for your app? Could you change the HTMLViewer to use the WebKit renderer instead?