HTMLviewer bug Windows not Mac

I ran across a very odd issue using the following code in the HTMLviewer document complete event

me.ExecuteJavaScript "document.addEventListener('dragover', function(event){event.preventDefault();}, false);" me.ExecuteJavaScript "document.addEventListener('dragenter', function(event){event.preventDefault();}, false);" me.ExecuteJavaScript "document.addEventListener('drop', function(event){event.preventDefault();}, false);"

Here is the odd part, I am using Webkit as the render in Windows (WIndows 10 in this case) I have a few different Windows in my Application, everything works fine on Mac OS X, in Windows I use 2 different Windows (sound confusing) that have HTMLViewer’s in them. Both use the above code in the document complete section.

One works without any issue, the other that I have that code (and nothing else in the document complete area) it will freeze Xojo on trying to run it from the editor. It hard locks the mydebug folder and makes Xojo useless until I reboot windows and delete that mydebug folder. The mydebug folder can not be deleted not matter hwat I try without a reboot.

So here is my question.

Why does

me.ExecuteJavaScript "document.addEventListener('dragover', function(event){event.preventDefault();}, false);" me.ExecuteJavaScript "document.addEventListener('dragenter', function(event){event.preventDefault();}, false);" me.ExecuteJavaScript "document.addEventListener('drop', function(event){event.preventDefault();}, false);"

Works completely fine in Mac, but works only in one of my app’s Windows, but not in another Window in the same app and it freezes Xojo. This is the exact same code that was copied and pasted in the 1st window that doesnt work in the 2nd htmlviewer document complete event handler.

Any ideas? Nothing fancy is going on here, if I exclude the code from the 2nd htmlviewer event the app runs on windows.

This is not answering your question, but there have been a few recent discussions about the WebKit (Chromium) option being in some ways not as good as the IE11 option running Windows 10. Search for “feature_browser_emulation” for more info.

I concur. Webkit is not the best renderer on Windows. It is Chromium 18, and Chrome is currently 47. Chromium 49.0 was released on 16 November 2015. Chromium 18.0 was released on 7 December 2011. We are talking archeology, here.

See the recent blog post from Paul Lefebvre to get Internet Explorer 11 in the native HTMLViewer :
http://blog.xojo.com/use-newer-version-of-internet-explorer-with-webbrowser-and-htmlviewer

Since native uses the Microsoft Java machine it should perform more consistently than antique Chromium 18.

Did I heard correctly: Microsoft want to kill the Internet Explorer browser ?
(in Windows 10)

[quote=241938:@Emile Schwarz]Did I heard correctly: Microsoft want to kill the Internet Explorer browser ?
(in Windows 10)[/quote]
No,only the old versions.
“Internet Explorer 11 will be supported for the life of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.”
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/End-of-IE-support

I recall half of the news: this is not right Emile !

Thank you Dirk for the real and correct news.