How to troubleshoot ThreadAccessingUIException

All,

I am getting a ThreadAccessingUIException error when closing a window down. I cant seem to track down what is causing the issue. below is the stack trace.

REALbasic._UITrap Window.__Exit%%o<Window> rbframework.dylib$3143 rbframework.dylib$3119 RuntimeUnlockObject rbframework.dylib$1411 _pthread_start

so as you can see I am not doing much. I have compiled the app with 2013R3 and 2013R3.2 with the same results.

How do you suggest that I track down my error? any pointing in the right direction is greatly appreciated…

thanks
sb

Does anyone have a clue on how to troubleshoot/track this down?

Well, there’s always tear the app down piece by piece until the problem doesn’t exist, then try to remember what piece you tore off last :-). I’d start with plugins.

You might try the tool discussed in this blog post to see if it provides additional info:

http://www.realsoftwareblog.com/2012/10/detecting-ui-access-from-threads.html

Paul, I tried threadedui with my app and this is the output below.

[code]sudo ./threadedui /Users/sboss/workzone/NCM/conversions/Builds\ -\ conversions.xojo_project/Mac\ OS\ X\ \(Cocoa\ Intel\)/conversions.app
Password:
Launched /Users/sboss/workzone/NCM/conversions/Builds - conversions.xojo_project/Mac OS X (Cocoa Intel)/conversions.app/Contents/MacOS/conversions (6800)
DTrace attached to 6801
Main thread found, trace starting (may have missed some events)

conversions`REALbasic._UITrap
          conversions`Window.__Exit%%o<Window>+0x1c
          rbframework.dylib`0x0060c700+0x13c
          rbframework.dylib`0x0060b480+0xef
          rbframework.dylib`RuntimeUnlockObject+0x59
          rbframework.dylib`0x005d9b90+0xde
          libsystem_c.dylib`_pthread_start+0x158
          libsystem_c.dylib`thread_start+0x22

Program exited, detected 1 UI operations from a thread

jayne:bin sboss$[/code]

which is basically the exactly the same output as the stack dump from before. And unfortunately this doenst help me tell what is causing the issue.

It looks like you’re trying to close a window from a thread. Not 100% certain on that, but I’d start there.

not that I know of. Do you mind if I send you the window/code? I’m pretty sure I’m being an idiot.

thanks
sb

Ps it would be tomorrow before I can send the code.

[quote=45035:@scott boss]not that I know of. Do you mind if I send you the window/code? I’m pretty sure I’m being an idiot.

thanks
sb

Ps it would be tomorrow before I can send the code.[/quote]
I don’t mind at all.