How to have a bevel button with a PNG and no background colors

I’m trying to make some buttons using the Bevel button, I have put PNG image in the button as Icon, but the white background is still visible. My png is suppose to drop a shadow on the background image. But the button itself has a white background, how I can make the button invisible so that only the png (fild Icon) is visible and so that I dont have a small white fridge around my button. I try to resize the button so that it fits the size of the icon png, but I still get a very small annoying white fridge around.

Im sure it is a stupid question but Im new here, here is the screenshot of the problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cazzdb8fk2j5unx/Screen%20Shot%202015-02-08%20at%2022.24.57.JPG?dl=0

I don’t know about the bevel button, but a custom canvas based button would work well with transparency.

[quote=165961:@serge ramelli]I’m trying to make some buttons using the Bevel button, I have put PNG image in the button as Icon, but the white background is still visible. My png is suppose to drop a shadow on the background image. But the button itself has a white background, how I can make the button invisible so that only the png (fild Icon) is visible and so that I dont have a small white fridge around my button. I try to resize the button so that it fits the size of the icon png, but I still get a very small annoying white fridge around.

Im sure it is a stupid question but Im new here, here is the screenshot of the problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cazzdb8fk2j5unx/Screen%20Shot%202015-02-08%20at%2022.24.57.JPG?dl=0[/quote]

I tried to obtain a transparent bevel by applying a backcolor with alpha set to transparent, it simply does not work.

Use a canvas instead.

Canvas works now, perfect, expect how can I do it in a way so that it behave like a button, meaning I click on it and it does a command, all I want is the button (image) launch a web page with the command ShowUlr. But when I drag and drop the button assign the icon, double click on it a windows appears with command and I choose activate, then a windows open and I put the ShowUrl command, but when I run it, it doest work it does not behave like a button when I click on the image it doesnt show the web page. any thoughts ?

Use the MouseDown event.

thanks woks life a charm !

You can make a few tweaks to make it act more like a native button.

In MouseDown, set a different image (usually a darker version of the same image) to show the user that they are clicking down on the button. At this stage, the user hasn’t let go of the mouse button. Also, add the code return true so that control passes to MouseUp.

In MouseUp (which is the event that occurs after your user has let go of the mouse button), change your image back to the original image and do your ShowURL.