How to get WebTextArea Scroll Bottom ScrollPosition when opening WebPage

Its a must for user to complete reading the Terms & Conditions in the WebTextArea before they can click on the “I Agree” checkbox.
I need user to scroll to the bottom before they are allow to click on the “I agree” checkbox. Therefore I need to know the WebTextArea.ScrollPosition when scrolled to the bottom in advance.

Is it possible to get the max value of WebTextArea.ScrollPosition when the WebPage is opened?

There is no scrollPosition in WebListBox.

This is the kind of data you need to fetch in JavaScript.

[quote=312687:@Michel Bujardet]There is no scrollPosition in WebListBox.

This is the kind of data you need to fetch in JavaScript.[/quote]
Hello Michel, I am refering to WebTextArea but not WebListBox.

See here https://forum.xojo.com/9753-set-cursor-position-in-webtextarea/0 to scroll to the end of the text.

What you do is upon WebTextArea Open, get the scrollposition, then scroll to the end, get that scrollposition, and come back to the beginning.

That way you can detect when the user has been to the end.

[quote=312738:@Michel Bujardet]See here https://forum.xojo.com/9753-set-cursor-position-in-webtextarea/0 to scroll to the end of the text.

What you do is upon WebTextArea Open, get the scrollposition, then scroll to the end, get that scrollposition, and come back to the beginning.

That way you can detect when the user has been to the end.[/quote]
Hello Michel, by doing your method, I could see that the text does scroll to the end and scroll back to the top.

I was thinking is there a better way to get the scrollposition readings.

You could start with the WebTextArea invisible, and reveal it after you got the readings.

You can ask Blizzard, forcing users to scroll to the bottom doesn’t do anything but teach them how to use a scrollbar.
If they don’t want to read it, they won’t.

I’d say skip the hassle.

Hello Michel, setting WebTextArea invisible will end up delaying the display of WebTextArea and its not that ideal as well.

I had tried setting the WebDialog invisible (self.visible = False) instead and reveal it later but still failure. I think I will have to live with your initial suggestion. Thank you.