how to get row header in sql table?

Hi anyone here knows how to get row header in sql table? I tried the following one but it prompts an OutOfBoundsException

row.ColumnAt(-1).StringValue

Do you want the Coumn names (as set in the TABLE declaration) ?

What is the used SQL (SQLite, Post…, MySQL, etc.) ?

@rhea g — What exactly do you expect to be a row header? Do you mean the row ID?

http://documentation.xojo.com/api/databases/database.html#database-tablecolumns ?

Do you want to show the content of a sql table into a listbox?
In this case, fill in the initial value for your list box in the XOJO editor or you add into the open event of the listbox something like

me.HeaderAt(0) = "header name of column one" me.HeaderAt(1) = "header name of column two"

[quote=473735:@rhea g]Hi anyone here knows how to get row header in sql table? I tried the following one but it prompts an OutOfBoundsException

Why do you imagine there is a row header? An SQL table in a database is not a CSV file.

This is not mandatory: “some reserve the very first record as a header containing a list of field names”; from:
Comma-separated_values .

Emile… that may be true for a CSV file, but never for a properly designed DATABASE field (as specified in the OP)

OP

[quote=473735:@rhea g]Hi anyone here knows how to get row header in sql table? I tried the following one but it prompts an OutOfBoundsException

Hi

Use :-

SELECT COLUMN_NAME,* FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘YourTableName’ AND TABLE_SCHEMA='YourSchemaName

[quote=473937:@Rod Pascoe]SELECT COLUMN_NAME,* FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘YourTableName’ AND TABLE_SCHEMA='YourSchemaName[/quote]
That might return the Table Schema for a particular database engine…but is not the correct syntax for all (especially not for SQLite).

Perhaps the use of DB.FieldSchema(tablename) might be what you were attempting to describe. (Note: this may have changed in API2.0) and may or may not work for all database engines (but it DOES for Sqlite :slight_smile: )

But we are just guessing as to what the OP was actually referring to. Since they have not commented on any of the above responses.

I wonder if the OP is just looking for Databasecolumn.name .

The OP is new to Xojo (2 posts on 3 weeks), and do not explained its concern.

Which leaves the rest of us still guessing

Yes.