How many plugins allowed?

Bjorn was correct to point out that you need to ensure that you have the latest classes. We use the tree view class and found that his website did not contain the latest version, so we were getting errors when opening a screen that contained the tree view. In his post on this thread, he references a newer version, which we subsequently downloaded and installed, and this solved the issue with the use of that plugin in Windows IDE. I think his website at one point did not have links to the latest plugins. He may have fixed this by now.

7.6 is still beta. There is link to it though on our maillists and on the Xojo forum.

I now have all my plugins loaded - thanks to all for your help on this. I still don’t actually know what the problem was but I followed Bjorn’s advice and deleted a couple of the plugins and it now loads all.

I now have a stupid question. The Run button is greyed out. The Build button tells me that I need a licence, even though I have signed in to my account in Xojo. I thought that the Desktop licence allows up to 3 computers - am I wrong? I have my iMac and my MacBook Pro registered already.

Secondly, I thought that even with an unlicensed copy of Xojo I could run the software, just not build. Why is the Run button disabled?

Simon.

The run button is disabled in windows 64bit because running 64bit in windows isnt supported yet. It’s “Coming Soon” ™®©(OMGBBQ).

Here:
http://developer.xojo.com/2017r3-release-notes

Extract:
• 64-bit IDE on Windows, macOS and Linux
• 64-bit Windows apps can specify supported Windows versions and security level

I think what Julian is saying is that you can’t “run” from the 64-bit Windows IDE. If you build the app you can.

In other words, there is no “debug run” for Windows 64-bit yet.

The Windows IDE is 64-bit. You can specify supported Windows versions for 64-bit Windows apps. You can build 64-bit apps for Windows but you can’t debug in 64-bit mode yet (run from the Windows IDE).

Thanks to all.

It just shows what a total Mac developer I am!