highlighting a ComboBox

I have a window with many ComboBox_es and TextField_s.
I’d like to highlight those that can not be blank.
For a TextField I change BackColor and it is very clear that the user must enter something, but I have no idea how to highlight a ComboBox since they do not have BackColor.
Any suggestion?
Thanks.

Add a Label and an ending * like what is done in the internet (to flag a mandatory field) ?

or change the label attach to the combobox some other color like red

Using the “Red for Danger” color in anything except danger related is bad. That said, I love the idea :wink:

Simply set the asterisk color to red… (if possible).

Thanks. I was thinking to use the idea proposed by Richard. But what Emile suggest is also interesting.

[quote=411954:@Emile Schwarz]Using the “Red for Danger” color in anything except danger related is bad. That said, I love the idea :wink:

Simply set the asterisk color to red… (if possible).[/quote]

do you mean having a label for * on each of those field that need to mandatory??

what about making the label to include the * for mandatory field??

Yes, that was the idea, but not possible with a Label’s Caption.

After checking the LR (Label.TextColor) Gets or sets the color of the caption or the text content., it seems to be a better idea to use a small Canvas to do that (instead of two Labels).

I just give ideas, react to Richard suggestions, the op will decide what he loves best.

And maybe use the orange color instead of red ?

[quote=411965:@Emile Schwarz]Yes, that was the idea, but not possible with a Label’s Caption.

After checking the LR (Label.TextColor) Gets or sets the color of the caption or the text content., it seems to be a better idea to use a small Canvas to do that (instead of two Labels).

I just give ideas, react to Richard suggestions, the op will decide what he loves best.

And maybe use the orange color instead of red ?[/quote]

basically any other color NOT the standard color.
you need to try different color to see which is best. certain color does not work

Yes.