Here is a simple "TextEditor" control

uh ? either should work
however I have found that sometimes you need to right click, select “rename” and then you can open it from the Open dialog

if you file-open from xojo, the .rb project is not selectable. (2019r11)
did not try to rename it to .xojoproject which should work, but it’s easier to drag the file.

I certainly do that (and it worked fine).

This is a RB project (thus the extension) that dates from the 5.5 (Pre-2007) era.

Clues:
No SelectAll MenuItem,

Windows XP window size,

(in code) not followed by a real Return (RAW code à la XML).

etc.
etc.

But it works.

getting a bit off topic aren’t we? :slight_smile:

Nice control Dave.

[quote]Jean-Yves Pochez
these may help you, declares for textareas from Axel …[/quote]

Jean_Yves, or Axel

This looks really interesting - particularly adding images to TextArea. Is there any way to modify the size of the image once it is embedded?

sorry it’s @Axel Schneider work, I don’t know the answer. but it should be possible with other declares ?
is it possible with textedit ?

No, text edit doesn’t seem to allow images embedded - it just copies the URL to the document.

you can use decalres to turn the macOS text edit into something much more like whats in TextEdit
However, images are still not possible as far as I know even with those declares

I just tried: textedit allows to paste pictures, ( if you have RTF format selected in the preferences)
but then it is not allowed to resize them. only move them.

[quote=456615:@Jean-Yves Pochez]I just tried: textedit allows to paste pictures, ( if you have RTF format selected in the preferences)
but then it is not allowed to resize them. only move them.[/quote] Interesting, though I see you also have to select RTF in the Format menu. Also interesting is that you can use Markup to crop and rotate, but not resize.