Help with Signing Certs

Hi

Certs are something I can never completely understand what does what and what is linked to what.

I recently upgraded my MacBook and lost the ability to build for iOS and Wrap for macOS. I was still able to do this on my iMac, but have now made a mess of the iMac now trying to get the MacBook working.

What I would like to do is remove all certs in apple developers website as well as the keychains on both computers .

Can anyone advise me on how I could manage this? Is there a decent website that would explain how to do a factory reset on all this and start from scratch or are there other support options?

Thanks for any help

Chris

You seen this?

https://ohanaware.com/blog/202129/How-to-purge-and-re-install-code-signing-identities.html

1 Like

Many thanks Tim. Iā€™ll check it out

I managed to get so far, but am stuck with reinstalling the Developer ID Application and Installer. I have 5 grayed out listed in Xcode (stating they are not on the keychain), but when I download any of the 5 from Appleā€™s Developer site, the Private key is missing. I canā€™t see anywhere on the site to remove one or all of these.

Download the certificates from within Xcode, not the website.

Be careful how many you attempt to create. There is a limit of how many within a certain period and last I heard itā€™s a pain to get Apple to help you should you hit it.

You canā€™t. They simply disappear some time after they expire.

Thanks for replying Tim.

Yeah, I believe I reached the 5 limit within a short while without realising.

When you say download from Xcode, I expect you mean clicking the ā€˜Download Manual Profilesā€™ in Settings>Accounts>Apple IDs? If so, I would have tried that and I tried again there (to be sure!), but the 5 Developer ID Application and Installer Certificates remain grey in the list presented when I click on ā€˜Manage Certificatesā€™

Not that button. On the very same view, ā€œManage Certificatesā€ and then in the sheet window that opens, click the [ + ] button in the bottom left corner. Select ā€œDeveloper ID Applicationā€ and it will download and install the certificate you need for App Wrapper.

ā€œDeveloper ID Installerā€ is for building .pkg installers
ā€œMac Installer Distributionā€ is for signing Mac App Store .pkg installers

When I press the [+], I get the message ā€œYou already have a current Developer ID Application certificate or a pending certificate request.ā€