Help: running 32bit programs on 64bit Debian Linux server

We cannot link to the latest library because then anyone with an older library will not be able to launch, greatly limiting our supported Linux distros. Later libraries are designed to be backwards compatible with older libraries, which is why this is typically not an issue.

The key is that as long as the GLIBC_2.4 string is found, the app should run with no issues. All of the GLIBC versions are backwards compatible.

Since your libc shows GLIBC_2.4, I’m not sure what is failing.

Thanks again, guys.

So…where do we go from here?

Hi, I’m Nick’s colleague. This all started because I’ve written a small web app so that we can share data internally on our phones. The idea is that it also acts as a test for future developments of our website. Now that Xojo Cloud is available could we move our current files over to it by FTP?

Xojo Cloud does not offer FTP. You can deploy your apps to it using the Deploy button. Copy File Build steps can be used to upload files as part of the deploy.

We also include the XojoCloudFileManager example that you can deploy to Xojo Cloud, which will allow you simple file management, including uploading and downloading files.