HeaderHeight

Now that we have the header drawing events in 2020 R1 is there a way to change the header height?

Some tell that setting the Header Text Height auto change the header height…

1 Like

Hey @Bob_Keeney2 , that’s not possible at the moment. The only way is to change the Font Size within the Inspector. :frowning:

That’s a bit contradictory, isn’t it? :thinking:

@Bob_Keeney2:

Property set by
Header Height Font size
Row Height DefaultRowHeight
Header Font Size in HeaderTextPaint event
Row Font Size in CellTextPaint event

And yes, it’s a mess, and feels like a rushed last minute addition. I might have something to say about this in a forthcoming xDev article …

2 Likes

Hardly rushed. It was added quite soon on in the development of 2020r1. As soon as I saw that, I started to use it. A bit dangerous perhaps, but I’m quite satisfied with it.

So, the only way to change the header height is to change the FontSize in the entire Listbox? Oh dear, that really limits its appeal.

Don’t get me wrong, we can certainly use the new header events but not being able to control the header height limits what we can do with it.

1 Like

FontSize in the header, I think. I set it to 14 in my header, in HeaderContentPaint.

Set a space character height to what you need for the Header, then set the other (visible) string height to what you need for the text heading…

Basically you’ll need to set font size to size your header height, then use CellTextPaint to draw the rows at different size.

<https://xojo.com/issue/61767>