Hard crash on Ventura when accessing RuntimeException.stack

I’ve got 2 reports about a hard crash using Ventura. The following code crashes:

dim result as string

for each singleStack as string in error.stack
  dim StackString as string = cleanMangledFunction(singleStack)
  if StackString <> "" then result = result + CarbonModule.EndOfLineMacintosh + StackString
next

return result

I’ve made a bug report with an example project at Xojo: Account Login . Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the crash. Could the Ventura testers do some test with my project? The test project only has a button and either a dialog or a crash.

The current version of my app still uses 2021r1.

1 Like

I (re)-found this today due to a bug reported to me. Thank you for posting it. I’m just bumping to keep this alive / relevant for the next person who may be seeing this issue.

To save the next person a few clicks, as of this post date the tickets are marked fixed in 2022r3.

I made a new ticket because I got a crash report again: https://tracker.xojo.com/xojoinc/xojo/-/issues/71271 . Is your app made with 2022r3?

No, I use 2022r2 so the original issue applies to me.

Has this been fully resolved? If so in what way? I am using 2021r3 and I really try hard not to update unless I have a significant reason to. (I don’t have a significant reason yet.)

I am getting hard crashes with apps built in 2021r3 running on Ventura, although I don’t know if 13.0 or 13.1. (Probably 13.1)

The crash has been mostly solved. I got one crash after the bug fix.

As always it would help if you posted the relevant section of your crash log.

What I meant to ask is “was the bug fixed via Apple and a newer version of Ventura?” or “was it fixed via a newer version of Xojo?” If the first, that means I can continue to use 2021r3, since Xojo never patch an older version.

The bug was fixed in a newer version of Xojo as is documented in the bug report.