Hammer.JS Javascipt Library for Responsive Web Apps

Has anyone tried to utilise the Hammer.js Library for Xojo Web Apps?

I have created a WebSDK control that detects a small range of gestures. I would like to expand its capabilities with the Hammer.js Library.

I’m guessing I need to start with WebControlWrapper.LoadLibraries but that is just a guess. Has anyone tried this before?

You could use the SDK to raise a server event when a certain gesture is detected. However in order to do anything purely client side or more substantial than raising server side events is a substantial amount of work. All depends on what you want the gesture to do. Often its to display a div with actions like delete, etc.

Thanks for your input Phillip. I’m trying to implement pinch zoom support. Perhaps I will have to update the controls with JS then after the gesture is finished I will update the server.

seems like a feature request should be made to integrate it (or analogous functions) into Xojo web as that’s where it will make the most difference…

looks very cool though, please let us know if you make progress / want help.

“Perhaps I will have to update the controls with JS then after the gesture is finished I will update the server.”

yes, I think that’s the way it’s done for pretty much all custom controls.

Thanks for your input Steve, I’ll post if I get stuck!

It’s going well so far. I decided to go for the ZingTouch library instead of hammer.js. I think we plan to open source most of our WebSDK controls at some point so if you follow this post I’ll publish it here if/when that happens.

[quote=317267:@Daniel Wilson]Thanks for your input Steve, I’ll post if I get stuck!

It’s going well so far. I decided to go for the ZingTouch library instead of hammer.js. I think we plan to open source most of our WebSDK controls at some point so if you follow this post I’ll publish it here if/when that happens.[/quote]

ZingTouch look pretty cool.