Hacktoberfest 2022

There is a yearly event in the Open Source community. The idea is to bring new people into the habit of contributing.

hacktoberfest-2022-white

During October, you’ll be able to find “Issues” in both GitLab and GitHub, with a Hacktoberfest label on them.

Most of the Hacktoberfest Issues are intended to be easy, so people can start learning to use Git, and create Pull Requests. You’ll even be able to find issues asking to fix documentation bugs.

If three of your pull requests are merged by the repository maintainer, you’ll be eligible to receive a prize (this year, a tree planted in your name, or the Hacktoberfest 2022 t-shirt).

Here is a list of Xojo Open Source projects. If you’re using any of them and would like to see a bug or feature implemented, please create an issue there.

Make sure to read the event website and check how to participate:

For Open Source owners / maintainers, please check how to tag Hacktoberfest issues, so the contributors can participate:

Are you planning to participate this year?
Do you have any Open Source idea?

Happy coding! :green_heart:

4 Likes

I really wish I had more time for fun things like this. It sounds like a blast. I hope a lot of folks here will jump in.

3 Likes

Bingo is the first Xojo repository to join the event:

If you maintain an Open Source project and you want to participate in Hacktoberfest 2022, check the instructions:

3 Likes