Graphics strings on console application

Hi,
I have an old desktop app that creates a lot of images, simply drawing a picture in them and drawing a string under the picture
I would like to transform it in a batch process in a console application, but in the generated images the drawn text is ‘hugly’, and such diffent from what is generated in the desktop app!
I don’t specify the font, only size and bold or not, but the result is so different from the desktop app ( previous carbon and now cocoa) and the console one…
That’s strange, what could cause such difference?

Console apps use a different graphics library. The desktop apps get the benefit of the Cocoa GUI drawing routines, but console apps do not.

[quote=135828:@Giulio Mastrosanti]Hi,
I have an old desktop app that creates a lot of images, simply drawing a picture in them and drawing a string under the picture
I would like to transform it in a batch process in a console application, but in the generated images the drawn text is ‘hugly’, and such diffent from what is generated in the desktop app!
I don’t specify the font, only size and bold or not, but the result is so different from the desktop app ( previous carbon and now cocoa) and the console one…
That’s strange, what could cause such difference?[/quote]

Try specifying a font such as Helvetica on Mac and Arial on PC. You do not say how it is ugly, but if you mean jagged and not antialiased, that would be because the console app uses some bitmapped font. No guarantee though : fonts being part of the GUI, their functions may be limited in a Console app.

OK,
thanks for you reply,
I think I’ll sort out this simply using a desktop app, launched by a cron and that quits itself when finished…