Global Xojo.Core.Dictionary

I want to use the new Xojo.Core.Dictionary, but as Global Variable.

I added in my Modul “GlobalVariables” a new property.
As Name I choose: NameOfArticle_Dict
Scope: Global
Default: empty
Type: Xojo.Core.Dictionary

But Xojo didn’t take it. When I jump to another piece of the source code and back to property, it change my Xojo.Core.Dictionary to integer.

How can I make a global Xojo.Core.Dictionary?

EDIT: I’m using Xojo WebEdition 2015 R2.4

[quote=210694:@Thomas Mueller]I want to use the new Xojo.Core.Dictionary, but as Global Variable.

I added in my Modul “GlobalVariables” a new property.
As Name I choose: NameOfArticle_Dict
Scope: Global
Default: empty
Type: Xojo.Core.Dictionary

But Xojo didn’t take it. When I jump to another piece of the source code and back to property, it change my Xojo.Core.Dictionary to integer.

How can I make a global Xojo.Core.Dictionary?

EDIT: I’m using Xojo WebEdition 2015 R2.4[/quote]

You want to make sure to press Return in the type field after you entered Xojo.Core.Dictionary.

Yes, I pressed Enter. :smiley:

I tried to reproduce what you describe in 2014R2.4, it does not happen here. The property remains Xojo.Core.Dictionary.

Try entering the type, then changing the name and hit enter, then if you want change the name and hit enter again. Sometimes changing the type doesn’t seem to dirty or commit and only once the name has changed does it pick up on this.

I’m using 2015 R2.4, not the old 2014.

Sorry. I meant 2015R2.4. Not even sure there were ever any 2014R2.4. Whatever. I could not see what you describe.

Brock is right, I get the same thing a lot and it’s a real pain if you don’t notice that it’s reverted back.
There is no fix, you just add what ever , hit enter, go to name and change it a bit and hit enter and back again. And do a little dance.
Worst case delete the property and remake it.

Yes, I’ve seen this happen on several occasions. Changing the name ‘fixed’ this glitch.