GLib:ERROR:gmain.c

Blown up Sir! I have an app that tests and compiles just fine. I wanted to use it as the basis for a similar app. So I performed a “save as” and then updated the project name everywhere. It seems to run in development just fine. I can test/build/deliver the app to my Linux server. Although the original app works fine…this new app seems to start up without any issue. But when I try to open a session I get a nastygram.
GLib:ERROR:gmain.c:2444:g_main_dispatch: assertion failed: (current->dispatching_sources == &current_source_link)
Aborted (core dumped)

I only changed the project name “everywhere I could find it” — and I changed the port number for a stand alone service.
Anyone have any ideas?

Rolled back the project to the initial version…and made several of the updates (admittedly mostly cosmetic). The app deployed and runs fine on my linux server…then I add some of the NEW Xojo Namespace items… E.G.
Dim data As xojo.Core.MemoryBlock = Xojo.Core.TextEncoding.UTF8.ConvertTextToData(JSONData)

socket1 is a xojo.Net.HTTPSocket

socket1.SetRequestContent(data, “application/x-www-form-urlencoded”)
socket1.Send(“POST”, “http://123.456.789.10/bb/myservice.php”)

In the Page received event:
INjsonData = Xojo.Core.TextEncoding.UTF8.ConvertDataToText(content)
Dim INjsonDict As Xojo.Core.Dictionary
INjsonDict = Xojo.Data.ParseJSON(INjsonData)

Now as before, the app deploys and starts with no messages…but as soon as a session is opened…it aborts with the Glib error.

I started commenting out the new code module by module until I found that the “socket” defined as a xojo.Net.HTTPSocket is my problem child. Just defining an Object of that type seems to be reason enough for program to abort. I’m going to try a few alternate methods to bring this thing into existence. The “classic” HTTP.Socket doesn’t support the same operations as the dojo.Net.HTTPSocket.

Which version of Xojo are you using ? Xojo.Net.HTTPSocket arrived only some time this year.

The new httpsocket requires libsoup 2.4. Make sure your distro supports that.

I’m using the latest version of Xojo – and I’m compiling for 32-bit because I’m on CentOS 6.x which doesn’t include glibc 2.14
I can check my version of libsoup — If my distro doesn’t support that… I may just let PHP do heavy lifting and let Xojo just provide a UI for a simple shell operation. In hind sight this may actually solve another one of my “problems”. The deserialization of JSON in Xojo to the Dictionary class doesn’t maintain the order of the fields (yes, I know in Key-Value pairs the order of the fields isn’t part of the specification for JSON — unless I use an array). My PHP program deserializes Key:Value JSON into an Array of key:value pairs - so I can iterate over the array and get all the fields (however many and whatever their keys are) in the order they appear in the JSON. If I need to refer to the fields by Key to get value, I don’t use the deserialized JSON, I use a JSON class for that.

A quick look at RPM resources yields that as of CentOS 6.8 libsoup 2.3.4 may be the highest compatible release.