gifs show up as black boxes in Win

Hi,

in my app I use several gifs as backdrop in canvases or icon in bevel buttons. On MacOS everything is fine, but ob Win7 all images are shown as black boxes. :frowning:
All gifs have 24 bit color and an alpha channel.

Any ideas?

Greetings,
Christoph

[quote=48590:@Christoph Louven]Hi,

in my app I use several gifs as backdrop in canvases or icon in bevel buttons. On MacOS everything is fine, but ob Win7 all images are shown as black boxes. :frowning:

Any ideas?
[/quote]

The same occurred to me with png pictures when I tried to generate a Windows EXE from Xojo Mac. The very same code generated with Xojo Windows for Windows does not exhibit the same bug and works fine :slight_smile:

Hopefully this will get fixed soon…

As I just noticed, the issue is described in Feedback case 30492. As a workaround you have to delete the ~Library/Caches/Xojo-Cache on your Mac before compiling for Windows.
Weired!

Just out of curiosity are either of you using 10.9 on a new Haswell based machine and compiling for Windows ?

When I did I was still using ML 10.8.5.

have a look here

if you have the possibility, compile in a vm running windows should do the trick until xojo fixed the bug

Mavericks YES
Haswell NO (Mid 2012 MacBook Pro)

May not been related, but if I use an image (png here) with an alpha channel on a Windows XP compiled application, I got black rect.

I was thinking Windowsx XP does not like alpha channel…

Related ?
Am I right (Windowsx XP does not like alpha channel) ?

I’m having the same issue on my brand new, Fall 2013, core i7 iMac with 10.9. PNGs in the project (toolbar icons, etc) show up as black boxes on Windows builds. However, my early 2009 MacBook Pro compiles Windows builds just fine. Cleaning out the cache does not seem to solve the issue.

Can you reboot into Mt. Lion and try again ?

I am waiting Mavericks 10.9.2 (test it first) to re-install it.

This is a 10.9 issue more than anything

https://forum.xojo.com/9442-all-images-black
https://forum.xojo.com/7896-does-anyone-know-why-images-are-black