Getting up and running on Raspberry PI

Trying to do a simple Hello World application to make sure things are running right before jumping in too deep.

Very stupid question… I can build the app on my Mac, and transfer it to the PI on a SD card or USB Stick, but then how do I get it to run?
I tried a chmod +x on the executable, but nothing happens.

Any tips?

A tip is to use FTP to transfer the app to the Pi, it’s a bit quicker :wink:

filezilla is my transfer tool of choice, it works very simply, setting up is explained on the official PI website.

You can transfer via post build script

[quote=275305:@Chris Halford] I can build the app on my Mac, and transfer it to the PI on a SD card or USB Stick, but then how do I get it to run?
I tried a chmod +x on the executable, but nothing happens.[/quote]

Hi Chris,

Here are the steps which should help run a Hello World program:

1. Copy the file (with subdiretories) from the USB stick to the Desktop of the Raspberry Pi
  2. Right mouse click the folder on the Raspberry Pi’s Desktop and click Open in Terminal
  3. in the Terminal, type the words sudo ./Name , where the Name is the name of your program, such as MyApplication

Let me know if this works for you

This is the post build script I use:
It copies the current builded project to the RaspTest folder on the Desktop of the pi user of a Raspberry name rasp1
The name rasp1.local is for I use bonjour (or as its called on raspberry …)

dim cb as string=CurrentBuildLocation dim cmd as String="scp -Cr "+cb+" pi@rasp1.local:Desktop/RaspTest/." call doShellCommand(cmd)

Simple and immediate