Get Android Folderitem

Anyone know how folderitem works on android ?, I’m trying to open an existing file that I placed in sdcard/documents but it doesnt get the file and returns a crazy path like:- ‘/data/data/com.mycompany.xojoprojectname/files/myfilename.txt’

Ive tried this, and many variants of it…

dim f As FolderItem = SpecialFolder.documents.Child("myfilename.txt")

I’ve also tried specialfolder.externalstorage, and also tried placing the file in the internal storage/documents folder

I believe you’re seeing is a security measure that maintains separation between the files belonging to different applications. This might be helpful:

Just remember that you’re not on a desktop system where the user has much more direct access to the file system. Mobile operating systems are much more security-focused and this is one way they do it.

Thanks Eric, I had a look at that document and it basically says that some parts of the file system are accessible and some are not, however it doesn’t relate to xojo or tell me how to reference the accessible locations.
It looks like the external storage should be available to read some files but I’ve had no luck getting them from xojo.