"Frowning" smilies everywhere on the forum

Is it only me, or does the Xojo Forum have a bad day today? Seems the hearts are gone and the whole forum is in deep dolefulness :-(. @moderators I want my optimistic Xojo back! :slight_smile:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-14 um 10.38.02

1 Like

I have removed some of them, and I’ll ask if there’s a way we can prevent emojis in topic titles.

3 Likes

Thank you, Anthony! Looking good now, and slowly my mood improves :slight_smile: - I didn’t realize that the root cause were the smilies in the header, good catch.

2 Likes

Emoji’s in the title have now been disabled.

5 Likes

Thanks, @Dana_Brown . They were an eyesore. Certainly not professional-looking, and were far too distracting for topic titles!

Thanks @Jeannot_Muller for requesting the change!

3 Likes

so much, that I forgot that the “liking hearts” are on the left and not on the right below our avatars :-). I would not even mind if people would put a dislike on a response, but when I opened the activity list this morning I was literally shocked :-). - Thank you all for the swift implementation!

2 Likes

Agreed. We love emojis… but happy, sad, mermaid or pizza slice - they are distracting in topic titles. Thanks for the suggestion @Jeannot_Muller!

5 Likes

crazy

the problem now is the emoticons!

the real problem is the bugs, old and new …
and old cases not closed.

greetings

4 Likes

Somehow, I don’t think that the entire staff at Xojo said, “Oh Lord, we have an emoticon problem … everyone drop what you’re doing and fix it … to hell with any other priorities!” That’s just not the way it works … and you know it! Not arguing the factual nature of what you said … only saying that I don’t think taking that shot in the context of this post will change the proverbial price of rice in China.

10 Likes

:joy::cry::cry:

It’s true, we’ll never get back the 10 seconds spent on this, but I think @Dana_Brown sacrificed her sleep time for it. I hope they’ll let her make it up on the weekend.

Take an extra minute on us, Dana!

6 Likes

All the engineering tasks we assign to our Director of Marketing will never get done now! :scream:

6 Likes

For years many are complaining about delays in the roadmap, now we know the reason, and people are still not happy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m optimistic. The fact that people care so much is a good signal. Every time I look at all the acronyms in modern development, I like that I can answer the question: “What are you on?” Answer: “Xojo.”

Are you dealing with Web 2.0? Just wondering

1 Like
Forum for Xojo Programming Language and IDE. Copyright © 2021 Xojo, Inc.