Free Xojo Web Plugin: teccCheckbox

YAF (yet another freeware). Own checkbox class for Xojo Web 2.

5 Likes

Hi Jeannot

To be able to programmatically change the value of the checkbox, and get the drawing check mark displayed, I had to subclass the class and add:

Sub teccCheckboxClick() Handles teccCheckboxClick
  me.UpdateBrowser
End Sub

Nothing really big, just it could be more comfortable to add that inside the encrypted class.

Regards

Gustavo

1 Like

Thank you, Jeannot.

1 Like

Well spotted, I will fix it asap.

Hi Gustavo,

thank you for testing. You are absolutely right, I want to keep the plugins with the lowest possible footprint, but not updating a dirty control is just wrong :wink: and if someone is really changing a value, the control has to update anyways, so it is worth triggering this in the plugin (and or not outside).

Version 2 of the control should now fix this issue, please double-check and report back. I added a toggle button for the checkbox in the demo as well. Seems to be working to me.

On a side note: thank you very much for your coffee! Very much appreciated.

Warning: I made a mistake when I updated xojodocs.com, there was apparently one user who downloaded a wrong version. The correct version 2 can be recognised as it has a “Note” in the App, stating that the plugin is version 2 (the wrong version 2 is missing that). This final upload of version 2 was around 1h05 pm CEST. Apologies, but I didn’t want now to again recompile all 3 versions.

Edit: To better show (future) releases and changes, I created an own page with an overview:

2 Likes

There was a major issue with version 2, and now corrected in version 3.

The changes from the v2 update had unfortunately a side-effect. The settings in the IDE magically disappeared. This has been corrected right now. Changing a property to a compute property obviously needs to update all properties in the IDE control, who would have thought that :frowning:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: CheckBox in Xojo ListBox