Framework failed assertion at ObjectGlue.h:350

This bug seems plaguing R3, so if you are listed below with the “Information Required” label, please, try to answer the call and let’s bash this bug for trying to get a stable R3.1

Issue #70426 · created 1 day ago by Colin Ager Bug Crash Information Required

Issue #70419 · created 2 days ago by Richard Nicolella Bug Crash

Issue #70391 · created 4 days ago by Chris O’Brien Bug Crash Information Required

Issue #70367 · created 6 days ago by David Yeaman Bug Crash Information Required

Issue #68480 · created 5 months ago by Andrea Suraci Bug Crash

2 Likes

Well 2022r3.1 is out, then if these bugs are still around, they will be fixed in r3.2.

Nope. It’s not out. It’s beta testing. Time to report and fix. It will be a short test for sure, and It probably will be out right after Ventura final is out and a short final test is done with the final release.

You are right, my bad.

1 Like

As far i can see, based on the reports, this is not new on R3, but it would help to know if these errors happen during API 1 > API 2 conversion or in projects mixing API and API 2 controls, for example.

Anyway, please, it would be really helpful if we can get our hands in some projects showing this problem.

It started in r2, and now there’s 4x more reports of the same. That’s a red alert.

@Colin_Ager @Richard_Nicolella @Chris_O_Brien @David_Yeaman @Andrea_Suraci

My bug report 70419 (which is mislinked in the op) does contain both crash reports and a demo project. It would be helpful for others to try the project.

1 Like

Nope, you just clicked in some wrong place, The links are direct copy/paste from the issues system.

Case 70419:

Oh, ok. Thanks for pointing that out. The link comes before the report id. I must have clicked the one after. I hope the info I provided is useful is squashing this bug.

As, differently from what Javier said, they already have a reproducible sample, it should be a matter of time for a fix. Thank you Richard.

Here is an “one link per case” cleaned up version to avoid extra confusion:

Issue #70426 · created 1 day ago by Colin Ager Bug Crash Information Required

Issue #70419 · created 2 days ago by Richard Nicolella Bug Crash

Issue #70391 · created 4 days ago by Chris O’Brien Bug Crash Information Required

Issue #70367 · created 6 days ago by David Yeaman Bug Crash Information Required

Issue #68480 · created 5 months ago by Andrea Suraci Bug Crash

1 Like

We are looking into this now.

Thanks for the great investigative work on this @Rick_Araujo and thanks for the sample project @Richard_Nicolella.

3 Likes

And we now have a fix. We will get new r3.1 pre-release builds out later today.

4 Likes