Forum police deleting post is getting beyond a joke now

I have been developing a security pentesting Xojo application for the last six months. Yesterday I posted a proof of concept youtube video
showing just one element of this. (Yes made with Xojo, Yes Anti-virus evasion technique) - So what…!

Nothing Rude, Offensive either etc,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUmossed5eo

My forum post has for some bizarre reason has been deleted. :frowning: - No prior email or reason give

Not the first time this has happened and usually coincides with a certain Admin (Grow up please) that appears online within an hour or two.

Sorry but it is getting beyond a joke now IMHO

Your posting was so crypticI ran the video and could not understand what it was about :frowning:

Michel, what has that to do with the censorship in the forum? Are you suggesting that it’s okay for Xojo to delete posts about topics the common user does not comprehend?

I posted in ‘off topic’ - security minded programmers would understand what was happening in the App. Hence a few had clicked the like button. Still doesn’t warrant being deleted :frowning:

I was demonstrating that Xojo can be used as a develop tool for more than just creating ‘Eddie electronics’ type applications.

Nothing new about that. Maybe on Xojo forum. I have been using RS and Xojo for Security pen-testing for almost 5 years now, and plenty of books written how to use Python for Security penetration testing. So I’m a bit surprised that Xojo delete your post.

Xojo is a perfect tool for security pen-testing.

I agree the socket classes are very useful and development time is very quick. :slight_smile:

It would be nice if there were a obviously-placed “Contact Admin” icon on the forum so we wouldn’t have to see all these Xojo-Is-Facsist types of postings. These things are way better handled in private.

LOL - How old are you.?

[quote=81784:@Lee Page]I posted in ‘off topic’ - security minded programmers would understand what was happening in the App. Hence a few had clicked the like button. Still doesn’t warrant being deleted :frowning:

I was demonstrating that Xojo can be used as a develop tool for more than just creating ‘Eddie electronics’ type applications.[/quote]

Allright. I must be stupid, then, because I did not understand without sound on the video nor any text to explain anything. Now that you explain it has to do with security, it would be even nicer to understand what is happening. Off topic or not, it is always nice not to indulge in public private jokes.

Sorry Garth your post

[quote]Garth Hjelte posted in Controls: no transparency.
IMHO (emphasizing OPINION) it’s not a culture thing, but Norman is rather defensive on posts.[/quote]

What on earth does this have to do with deleting post? Sorry Michel I just don’t see where you are going with this.

Maybe you could have posted instead of:

Why? So nobody sees them? So nobody knows what’s going on?

Your the first calling Xojo’s behaviour “fascist”. I have to wonder … is it a “if it walks lime a duck and talks like a duck … then mybe it’s a duck” thingy? What gave you that idea?

I always thought a man is only as good as his word, and you should stand up for what you believe in. So I very much disagree with deleting posts.

We are not small kids that need to be cuddled and mollified - we know what’s “out there”, that the World isn’t a fairy tale place.

This has gotten off topic. Locking it now.

@Lee Page - I must apologize. When I read your post this morning, it appeared that you were showing users how to write programs which can circumvent an Antivirus/Anti-malware system. It would have been helpful to have had the note you posted in your followup, i.e. “I have been developing a security pentesting Xojo application for the last six months”, in the original post because it may have avoided such confusion.