Forum: Please fix the @Name Link Feature

Can you please fix the @Sascha S so that it links to the correct user?

like @Greg O’Lone …

Who are you? The Forum says: “Hm, there doesn’t seem to be a member with that name.:smiley:

BTW: Please do NOT fix the Sascha S. He’s ok (he says…). Please fix just the automatic linking to our profile pages. :wink:

Interesting that it gets it correct inside of quotes…

? - This is not the Sascha i am looking for.

I guess what Greg is saying that inside quotes your whole name is bold (the first 2 letters) not the link. So at least in quotes something is working right (bold your whole name) but is broken when the link is generated.

For some reason on Firefox, I see no difference between name links in and outside of quotes.

Firefox 68:

Safari 12.1.2:

Chrome 75.0.3770.100:

So did you consider a spiritual retreat? :smiley:

It must be a Yedi one.

@Jonathan Eisen you are logged in with Firefox but not with Safari/Chrome. And I think what Greg said is related that in the quote the whole name is bold at the start of the quote and not only the first name as in the name link.

Edit: it looks like the quote is broken too when the user is not logged in with the “special” names

[quote=442395:@Alberto De Poo]@Jonathan Eisen you are logged in with Firefox but not with Safari/Chrome. And I think what Greg said is related that in the quote the whole name is bold at the start of the quote and not only the first name as in the name link.

Edit: it looks like the quote is broken too when the user is not logged in with the “special” names[/quote]

It’s interesting that being logged in causes different behavior, but good catch. Had a bit of a “doh” moment.