Forum Avatar?

Annnnnnd … that FAQ article is not correct. The “Hide My Profile” option mentioned cannot be found on their site in relationship to your account profile.

Also, they lead you to believe that you can control which web sites have access to your account, but that only seems to apply if you can hide your account …

I’ve just sent a request for clarification regarding the privacy options to their Happiness Engineers.

“Happiness Engineers”??? Okay, there’s a bit too much Prozac being consumed by the Automatic team members.

Go on “Show Profile” or “Visit Profile” and then there is it. :wink:

You must be logging in to a very different site. Here’s my page:

Click on “View Profile” and then click the lower grey button:

That must be something that non-US users see. When I click “My Profile”, the page above is all I see.

If you happen to use Gmail, you can create a unique address that goes to your address with a +. You can use this technique to customize your avatar for specific locations. It’s also a great way to track down where spam came from.

For example, if your email address is tim@gmail.com then you can use tim+xojo@gmail.com in both Gravatar and the forum to get the forum software to display a unique Gravatar.

Just click on the “View Profile” text below your tolistim in the upper right corner of your Profile Page.

I think we’re seeing different web pages. Here’s what I see under my account name:

[quote=417347:@Tim Jones]You must be logging in to a very different site. Here’s my page:

[/quote]

Click the View Profile button just below your username in the top right corner.

@Tim No, it’s below that.
-removed image-
Let me know when you’ve got it, and I’ll delete the image.

D’oh! I’m such a schmuk! I totally didn’t see that that was a link. This is where UX design fails - when most click targets are “buttons” and a few are highlighted links.

Thanks Julian and Tim for the kicks in the right direction.

I would agree it was a poor UI decision, I looked in the menu you did first as well.