Fonts with Linux

Hi all,
this app works well under windows and mac (developed on a mac)
However when I build for a Linux machine the buttons and drop downs are cropped.
I assume it is a text font size problem.
How can I fix this.

Tom

I’d subclass the control and increase the control.height (or decrease the font size). You might have to tinker with positioning a bit until you get it right. I find adding 5 pixels to height and decreasing the top position by -2 works OK.

[quote=164871:@Tom Duncan]this app works well under windows and mac (developed on a mac)
However when I build for a Linux machine the buttons and drop downs are cropped.
I assume it is a text font size problem.
How can I fix this.[/quote]

Linux does not have Lucida Grande (Mavericks) or Helvetica Neue (Yosemite) , nor does it have Arial or MS Sans, or Lucida Sans from Windows. I would try to take the standard font equivalent used by Linux and install it on the Mac.

See https://mondaybynoon.com/linux-font-equivalents-to-popular-web-typefaces/ for common Linux fonts equivalents to the fonts used on Mac. If you install them on your Mac you will be able to see how they look at design time. You can also set two controls side by side, one with the standard System 0, and the other with the Linux font, so you can tweak it until it looks close enough.

Then in code, you could use TargetLinux to set the font name and size accordingly.

Installed xojo on a acer laptop (small and slow)
xojo is so slow with this but is useful in testing.
The combo box in mac is 20 pixels high.
On Linux it defaults to 26 pixels.
Can I setup an easy way to do a resize of these controls in the open event.

Maybe I have told myself the answer, resize each control if Linux.
Is this the correct way of doing it.

Tom