Finally built app, but now can't install

Understood Steve and yeah, I thought that might be the case so I went into my Developer Account and double checked my UUID and all. I even tried adding a new device with my UUID copied in and that was refused as that UUID was already registered.

On the bottom image remove the duplicate entries with the minus button and see if it will allow you to install

1 Like

I’m not even attempting to install the app ID that is based on the duplicate entry. I’ve been trying multiple app IDs with different entitlements enabled, etc. to see what might be happening

I’ve deleted all profiles but two. Same problem. But now I’m noticing something. I deleted all but the “HelloWorld” and the “SwitchMote3DevProfile” profiles. But after attempting to install the app, I am seeing the “SwitchMoteDevProfile” showing back up

Is there something in my Xojo build settings that might be stuck on an old profile?

That’s a question for Xojo. I would try closing Xojo and Xcode and restarting the ipad. What I see should be working.

I agree Steve. It seems like it should work. I was about ready to delete all the certificates and profiles like @Jim_Meyer suggested, but then I remembered that the HelloWorld app did install. So I think the certs are all OK. It would be nice if someone from Xojo would chip in here. I’ve been hoping for that.

I found the problem, but now how to solve it.

The first time it runs, my app needs some settings transferred from the computer running my desktop app. I am using the ZipArchive framework that I believe was created by @Kem_Tekinay. I copy this framework into the resources folder of the app. This is what is hanging me up. I removed that copy step and the app installed fine.

But I need that framework - so how do I copy that in???

It is not Kem’s Zip archive. It was written by @Jeremie_L.
https://www.jeremieleroy.com/upload/ZipArchive_iOS_v001.zip

This is definitely the problem. I tried building and installing the app that @Jeremie_L provides and the same error. It appears to me to be a code signing problem. The framework folder has signed code but that code signing is not the same as the application’s code signature. So it won’t install. I tried copying the code signature file from my app to the framework folder but that didn’t work either. So what do I need to do to sign this myself?

Here’ s what the directory looks like of the app bundle.

Do you copy these files using a copyfilestep after build but before codesigning in the ide?

Than it would have to sign it using your certs also

Not sure. I do a copy file step after the build, but I think I had it before the code signing. I just switch code signing to the last.

OK. That didn’t work - moving the steps around. How do I code sign the external framework files copied in?

Definitely the problem.

You can use:

Codesign ccommand

Or appwrapper

Or Xcode

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if this could be done by Xojo but I guess not.

Thanks @DerkJ for pointing out the code signing. I was able to do that and the utility says that everything is good. However, the app still won’t install. I am wondering if the Zip Framework built by @Jeremie_L was built with an older version of Xcode or something that isn’t allowed any more. But no worries, I am just not going to use it. It wasn’t really compressing the file size that much so it didn’t do too much for me.

I believe all should be signed if its in the bundle and copied pre-signing. If not it may be a bug maybe @Greg_O_Lone could tell something about this.

Here is a blog post about it:

https://blog.xojo.com/2019/01/17/loading-3rd-party-frameworks-in-xojo-ios/

Edit:

It says put the framework in the app parent folder. So that may be the issue?

I have to agree. iOS expects everything to be at the top level next to the app and signed using your certificate.

And what’s the “unzip” binary that’s in there? Is that yours?

I got it working:

Changed version to v1.0:
download here: http://3diy.nl/files/ZipArchive_iOS_v1.0.zip
@Jon_Ogden

There is a note added to what was changed, search for "// NOTE: " in the ide
I changed the CopyFileStep subdirectory from “Frameworks” to “”

Well only in the simulator for now. The framework won’t load in a build app on a true device for some reasn.

3 Likes

It works in the simulator but I never got it to work in a built app