Feedback on pop!_os from System76.com

So you got me curious. I went and downloaded pop!_os from their website and installed it in Parallels. Installed the additions so I didn’t have to squint while using it, took a snapshot of the VM and then proceeded to download Feedback from our site in the order I expected them to work…

• The Debian Package failed as you mentioned above because of dependencies that have changed since the Feedback 2018r1.1 build was done.
  • RPM Package - Extracted it to a folder, drilled down to the Feedback executable and double-clicked it. It just worked.
  • TGZ Package - Extracted it to a folder, drilled down to the Feedback executable and double-clicked it. It just worked.

I did not have to install any additional libraries to get it to work.

My suggestion is that you download the most recent version of Feedback from our website (which is 2018r1.1) and try again.

Thank you Greg. But how can i find out whats wrong without any hints given in the logs?

Please try what I suggested before we go down that path.

I tried the TGZ again and got many access errors. So i chown’ed my users home Folder recursive. Then i tried the TGZ again and now it works.

I am new to Linux ( but i learn fast :wink: ) and must have somehow messed up my users folder in the past.

Anyway, it works as expected now and i will close the FR.

Thank you Greg. :slight_smile:

1 Like

FWIW, I didn’t use Terminal at all to install on my system, so I’d expect it to just work out of the box.